reciever hitch

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or could take some pics of the frame mounts on there reciever hitch. (mounted on the truck) I aquired a hitch that is pretty close to the width of the rails and am going to modify it to fit and use it as the foundation for a custom rear bumper.

just wondering if it bolts on to the side of the rail or just bolts underneith

thanks

I have two, one is a Putnam brand Class 3 hitch and the other is what appears to be an aftermarket tube bumper incorporating a Class 3 hitch. Both bolt to the side of the frame, using three of the four stock bumper bracket holes.

Sorry, I don't have pics available.

I have two, one is a Putnam brand Class 3 hitch and the other is what appears to be an aftermarket tube bumper incorporating a Class 3 hitch. Both bolt to the side of the frame, using three of the four stock bumper bracket holes.

Sorry, I don't have pics available.

So that particular hitch only uses the stock bumper bracket holes for mounting?

does anyone have another brand hitch that mounts differently that could possibly take some pictures?

thanks

The one that was on my rig moutned from the bottom 2 holes. I am not sure what class it was, but I used it as a tow point till I built my bumper.

What bottom 2 holes? The factory bumper brackets use four bolts through the side and one through the bottom.

here is a link to another aftermarket tubular style rear bumper and hitch. not my particular style but looks better than most.

http://www.rockratz.com/rb1m.html#

I've already started making a custom hitch that will eventually be the base to a custom high clearance rear bumper.

ill post some pics when i finish the hitch.

Ahh, so at least it's rated for something. Any idea what brand it is? I've yet to see a website selling a tube bumper with a reciever where they list the rating.

I have no idea, and I have tried. I can't find any manufacturer's ID on it. I took it up to the dealer and went over it with their parts guy, because they also sell aftermarket brands. At first we thought Smittybilt, but the Smitties use round tube and these are oval (wider than they are high). The parts guy said he had never seen anything like it, either on a vehicle or in a catalog.

It is definitely a factory item, though. Aside from the machine stamped load rating, the tube end caps are molder plastic that snap in. (Or were ... out of 8 holes, when I got it there were only three or four caps left, and I don't know where those have migrated to now.)