Now I have a coil spring question.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Looks okay, but a couple of questions:

Did you install the rear springs yourself? The proper way is to leave the mounting bolts front and rear loose, lower it to the ground with the wheels on of course, get in the bed and jump like hell to settle them down, then torque everything up. They might be binding as it looks pretty high in the rear, higher than the MT springs when I first put mine on. And if they are binding you'll sit a bit higher and it could wear out the bushings in short order.

They will settle down some as all new springs do eventually, but you can help the process along by loading up in back with sandbags. It took about a year for mine to drop an inch with a heavy Leer shell on top.

I had them installed at a local suspension shop so I'm not sure if he put it down before tightening it up, but I hope so.  I'll call tomorrow and ask.  The owner's name is Ron, and he does most of the work himself, and I've always gotten a good vibe from him.  For what it's worth, after installing the rear leafs he recommended I go with 3'' Superlift coils in the front.  At the time I wanted to keep a bit of rake, and thought I might get as much as 2.5'' by replacing the worn out coil springs and isolators with new isolators and upcountry springs.  The old springs may not have been as worn as I thought, but passenger side was sagging and the new coils have fixed that.

I considered that route and I called Morris about it. The ACOS forces you to cut off the the bumper stop from the spring mount.........ain't gonna happen.

Get the OME springs and you'll be spot on with one isolator.

My ACOS spacers didnt require me to cut the bump stop. On the comanches it appears to be welded but its actually just screwed on, so I just unscrewed the bumpstops.

I know some cherokees require the bump stop to be cut off, but i don't think the comanches require it.