3 Comanche truck projects. No Longer For Sale...........

yellaheep

Time for me to face reality and liquidate. My body can't take this working outside on a concrete slab and I'm literally tripping over parts and trucks. So with much reservation, I need to part with stuff.

1988 red shortbed 4x4 MJ fire victim. Rebuilt 4.0 motor, mechanic didn't replace the injector O rings and 300 miles later it burned. This would be the PERFECT candidate to build a '98-'01 conversion. Currently a 5 speed A/C truck, straight and New mexico dry....floorboards are completely rust free. Truck will come with all interior plastics needed to replace the warped/melted ones. Has the plastic bed liner too. Includes replacement left tail light. NO LONGER FOR SALE

1988 red shortbed MJ 2.5 4-banger 5 speed 4x4. Needs an engine (which I have for it) Tan interior leaves a lot to be desired but it's all there. Body is good, some typical floor rot but fixable, not into the frame rails. Dent on drivers side of the bed that paint less dent repair ot dry ihe/heat method should get fixed easily as theres no creases or cracks/rust in the dent. Nice topper and bed liner. Also has soft 8 wheels with near new 235/75/15 BFG A/Ts. Would make a great little run around daily driver. As is with engine, topper, bed liner and BFG tires/wheels NO LONGER FOR SALE

Lastly....the truck I REALLY don't wanna sell....

Completely original, unaltered, never wrecked one owner 1990 Eliminator with 146K miles. This truck has been out of commission with a bad engine since the mid '90's and stored in a pole barn. Originally black, the previous owners grandson rattle canned a lot of it flat black. Nearly perfect gray bucket seat/console interior. It's a 4.0 5 speed 4x4. It has these factory options: Bobcat fog lights with OEM dash switch, full skid plate package, tow hooks, and Dana 44 rear axle. This is a rust free southern Colorado truck with ZERO body damage except for one 2" rust spot by the gas filler door. Comes with reproduction Eliminator stripe kit and a factory Mopar roll bar as well. Has all 5 original Eliminator wheels with dry rotten tires. I have two engine options available and also have a set of 4 perfect Gambler wheels with nice 30" BFG A/T tires that can be negotiated into the deal. Truck as is:NO LONGER FOR SALE

Lots of photos available of these trucks. Please call or PM with questions about the trucks or the plethora of parts I have horded that need new homes. Willing to work with auto shippers.

I'm open to trades but no projects please.....I have plenty :D. I need: a race cage, two trucks painted with VERY minimal body work needed, and always interested in tactical firearms.

720-879-1399

Ok, so an ad popped up on Craigs earlier yesterday - an '89 MJ short bed 4x4 5 speed with 135K miles on it being offered in an on-line auction estate sale in Ft. Collins Colorado.  I check out the photos in the link, look up the truck, see that the auction has been going on since Dec 1st and ends Dec 9th at 8pm.  Bid at 0500 when I found it was $560.  Yeah, the sickness kicked in, I registered for the auction and put in my bid.

Nothing in the description of this truck indicates that it runs.  Nothing that they have keys for it, said it has a Wyoming title.  Photos show poor paint, rusty doors and spots on the lower corners of th bed and a fairly hard rear end impact that has destroyed the rear bumper, both lower corners of the bed, the bottom of the tailgate, and likely the unibody ends that the bumper bolts to.  This has been a ranch truck for some time, the interior - although complete and decent - is dirty as hell and the rubber floor covering screams rusty floorboards....... so, I figure I'd toss a max bid of $750 on the thing.

Auction company gets 15% cash, 18.5% credit card sales fee on top of the final "hammer" price.  So, all said and done, IF........ I'd have won this MJ, I'd have paid $862.50 cash for it.

Worth $862.50 fellas?

Image Not Found
Image Not Found

Look at what this thing sold for!!!!!!! :eek:

This MJ's new owner will be forking over $2098.75 or $2162.62 depending on which payment type.............. WHAT?

I'm putting my junk up for auction.........

I know....... this is a SUCKY time of year to try to unload my trucks....... Christmas looming, family needs, lots of money needing to go lots of different directions.  That's why I'm gonna take em off the market for a bit and try again later. 

Really, I should just quit bringing OTHER projects home and just hunker down on these.  It'd just put more money in my pocket in the end anyway.

Now if only my friggin' BODY would cooperate and let me get to work on these things.......... LOL

Archived