97+ swap fenders with older flairs??

• 4 months later...

I can snap inside pics tomorrow, trimmed the retainers and drilled an extra hole to hold the leading edge.

I drilled an extra hole in the mount and put another. stud and drilled a hole in the fender to match. But my concern is that the cut fender now doesn't. have a hold down at the bottom edge in the front. It's only got the factory mount hold down like 3" from the end....I'm worried about the flare catching wind and ripping off or just look like it's dangleing there.

If your worried about the fender itself ... Don't I've been driving my MJ to work and back, 250km each way, rilling 120-140km/h for the last year, before that my 2000 XJ was getting me there and back. My XJ has just the stock triangles as well. Remember the front of the fender is bolted to the rad support at three points on its leading edge, as well as the triangle supports to the core support. The flare braces also add quite a bit of rigidity to the fender as well.

I did reattach the inner brace at the top of the flare. My XJ does not even use those anymore.

31f8a88a0704279c82a30d83663972c2.jpg

If your worried about the fender itself ... Don't I've been driving my MJ to work and back, 250km each way, rilling 120-140km/h for the last year, before that my 2000 XJ was getting me there and back. My XJ has just the stock triangles as well. Remember the front of the fender is bolted to the rad support at three points on its leading edge, as well as the triangle supports to the core support. The flare braces also add quite a bit of rigidity to the fender as well.

I did reattach the inner brace at the top of the flare. My XJ does not even use those anymore. 31f8a88a0704279c82a30d83663972c2.jpg

Not the fender itself. Lol but I figured it out guys! I was looking at it wrong! They haven't been on it for so long I forgot what side those brackets went on. Duh!