MJ Pic Request. 34" Swampers

i had them on my xj i loved and hated them. i loved the look the way they pulled offroad and they lasted a pretty good while..the hate suck in rain suck on new wet pavement and loud as hell every where. when you first get in they beat you to hell till they warm up. if they sit to long you will get flat spots... id buy another set but not for a daily driver again

Swampers are pretty hardcore. I had some on a K5 (LTB's) and they were awesome aired down while off roading, but they really sucked every where else. I switched to BFG KM's, then KM2's and they do pretty much the same thing off road (except in really, really deep mud and clay) and are quiet and comfortable enough for a daily driver. They're even good in the snow.

In my experience Super Swamper is one of the few tire manufacturers who's tires actually measure out to the advertised height .

I ran some 33-12.5-15 TSL swampers on the manch and loved them and everything everyone says about their on/off road characteristics is true ! But I loved them , the noise is like music to my ears . I also ran some IIRC some 31or 32 9.50-15 pizza cutters for a wile and liked those just cause they were different though I never wheeled them.

285/75/16's usually measure less than 33" tall and nearly 11.5" wide. The closest in a metric would be 255/85/16 which are about 33.5 x 11. As posted above Swampers are one of the very very few tires that measure up to their height claims so the 285's would be 1.5" shorter on average.

I have run Swampers in 32x9.5 on a couple of jeeps. I kept a set to throw on my first MJ for off road use. For my area the tall skinnies work very well off road. But the traditional Swampers suck on road and that is why I do not have them on my current truck. I knew I would not be off road enough to justify them.