Highlight of my day

Pete M

Coming off the freeway I saw an MJ stopped at the next light. I pulled up next to it and saw an Archer Brothers sticker! The MJ was red with white rims and a front air dam. So I did what I'm sure any of you would, I completely disregarded my previous plans and followed it. Fortunately he was on his way home and not about to start a cross-country trip. :roll: I talked with them about the truck (neither of us knows the whole story, but we filled in some gaps for each other) and it seems that it is an advertising clone. Definitely not a race truck, but cool none the less. Not sure if it was Archer-specific that toured with the race trucks or put together by a dealership, but it was a 4.0L/auto with some of the typical beginings of rust. Decals were in great shape though so hopefully we can get together again and I can snap some pics for everyone. It'd be sweet to be able to print up some decals for those who want them. And yes, I gave him the comancheclub addy so hopefully we'll see him on here soon.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Since we're telling stories:

Back with one of my ex's (before she was an ex), I was taking her over to her place in the 'manche. Low and behold, run into a stock but clean 88 Pioneer about 1/2 block from her place, and I follow.... and... it pulls in to the house next door! Now, I figure "hey, maybe I could score a cheap 'manche here, as this neighbourhood is upscale! Decent folk don't drive these things." But, here's the clincher... Who gets out of the truck? My elementry school Principal! Now, to understand, this woman was a total b*@$£ then, and the 10+ years since I'd even seen her hadn't helped! And it was obvious too... So I basically shoved that idea.

It was freaky at the time...