what the heck is good about OME? they look like CRAP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Com ... 5599QQrdZ1

tell me that's better than an AAL with a straight face.

I've seen people praise this lift...it doesn't come with control arms, the SOA is shoddy, they didn't give me measurements of before flex to compare (which, it only allowed the truck to go up 1 window on the incline), cut down on all "cheapo" lifts, suggests i keep the inferior prop. valve the comanche was designed with, etc.

COME ON, their idea of lift is cheap front springs, 3" coil spacers, and a rear shackle. can you get any CHEAPER?

don't hammer OME on this one, this guy just put stuff together and called it a lift kit.

I can vouch for OME springs and shocks, been running OME stuff for Years. They make great components, top quaility stuff. Again, I'm talking coilsprings and shocks, thats all I have experiance with.

Talk all the smack you want, but I don't see many other people "putting kits together for retail." But I see a lot of people wanting aftermarket accessories for their MJ. Minus the lack of control arms that kit isn't too bad... granted I would never run 3" spacers....

I did a lot of research recently on kits for my MJ and decided to buy a bunch of used stuff and save me some money, but I almost went with this kit... I would have eventually swapped the springs and added LCA's, thats it.

The problem with creating MJ specific parts, is the demand. There isnt much, because there are so few. There are only 1-2 companies that make rear bumpers, and 1 company that makes rock rails. RE, Rustys, RC, and a few others make MJ lift kits, but just about everything else needs to be fabricated.

don't hammer OME on this one, this guy just put stuff together and called it a lift kit.

I can vouch for OME springs and shocks, been running OME stuff for Years. They make great components, top quaility stuff. Again, I'm talking coilsprings and shocks, thats all I have experiance with.

X2. The only OME items on this cobbled together "kit" are the front XJ coils, and these are quality coils.

alright, well then I have a beef with this dude...he is seemingly broadcasting this as OME material, when it just has the OME parts. that's why I was appalled...you all spoke highly of them and this lift is just plain crap.

I could put together a better lift for another $100 than this dude could, any day of the week.

I rescind my hatred of OME and expound my hatred of idiots like the seller

http://www.rocky-road.com/omesprings.html

Dude, OME is by far the best riding and performing spring on the market.

Search their stuff, they only go up to 3"....

And yes, people throw $#!& together all the time on eBay, how do you think roughcountry even started?

SLow your roll, dude.... Take some ritalin... and step back.... I'm willing to doubt you can even find more than TWO negative reports on OME on the whole web....

http://www.rocky-road.com/omesprings.html

Dude, OME is by far the best riding and performing spring on the market.

Search their stuff, they only go up to 3"....

And yes, people throw $#!+ together all the time on eBay, how do you think roughcountry even started?

SLow your roll, dude.... Take some ritalin... and step back.... I'm willing to doubt you can even find more than TWO negative reports on OME on the whole web....

read above statement.

then don't dis rough country, they perform GREAT in my experience.

I assumed that this was an OME kit...and it's representation to me was, pardon my language, $#!&ty at best. now that that has been rectified, I will stay away from this guy AND stay away from OME.

I'm not interested in anything that's only available up to 3". I have a 3" lift right now. it hasn't sagged at all, but it's still not enough to do anything serious with...it's just for show and street IMHO

alright, well then I have a beef with this dude...he is seemingly broadcasting this as OME material, when it just has the OME parts. that's why I was appalled...you all spoke highly of them and this lift is just plain crap.

I could put together a better lift for another $100 than this dude could, any day of the week.

I rescind my hatred of OME and expound my hatred of idiots like the seller

Now yer talkin. Agree. This outfit uses clever marketeering, and most likely does pretty well. They are a certified an ARB/OME reseller, so I guess that's kind of "read between the lines" advertising allowed by ARB. I do admit I did purchase some BPE's long ago from them, but only because they had the lowest price. The're customer support was okay too...........

read above statement.

Rough Country has a reputation for broken coils that is unmatched by any other XJ/MJ aftermarket parts supplier. They are possibly the only supplier more universally reviled than Rusty. If you have had good luck with their products, count yourself fortunate.

read above statement.

Rough Country has a reputation for broken coils that is unmatched by any other XJ/MJ aftermarket parts supplier. They are possibly the only supplier more universally reviled than Rusty. If you have had good luck with their products, count yourself fortunate.

well then, I think i'm fortunate.

remember though, that I have not once done serious offroading with my manche. the only serious wheeling I have done was with my other 86 which has a half-brained redneck SOA lift with some hella huge spacers, stock track bar, stock CA's, and torched off sway bar. no floors, no rear brakes, no e-brake. I'm scrapping that sucker soon as I get the plasma back.

RC works GREAT for what I've done...mild wheeling and DD onroad.

when I lift the 89 I will be going with an RE 6.5" lift, but want to find rear lift springs for it...I don't wish to go SOA.

how dare you say that 3" is not enough to do anything serious with!

I plan on going no higher than the 4" I'm at now, and liked 3" with 34's.

Low lift wheeling is where it's at.

I like to have articulation with no trimming...clean body lines and good performance, without "over-doing" it on the shoes