89 2wd Slow Build

CGCWO

Found a bargain at Orileys on a Herculiner 1 gallon kit. I know it doesn't get the best reviews but for $55 it was worth a try and the fact that I already had the bed prepped for painting made it a no brainer to try.  

Catching up on photos of the build as of now. Still have a few things to do, new tie-rod ends and clean up the under carriage along with some new undercoating. 

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to putting on the new tie rod ends, re-mounting the aftermarket AM/FM/CD player and found one of the problems with the vent controls. Seems the last time I had the radio out and put it back in I pushed it against the electrical connection on the back of the controller and unplugged it. Sorry no pic's.  New ball joints will be in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be installing a set of these tomorrow, these were removed from a 79 El Camino. Not the original sets from the Camino, but they were recently recovered and are in excellent shape. Big plus is they fold forward, this will take a bit of work to build the brackets and narrow the sliders on these.