Gas Leak At Return Line

Well I got my truck's pinion seal & yoke replaced, pulled the truck out of the garage to take it for a road test. I popped the hood just to look things over before my drive and discovered a gas leak. I have not driven the truck in about 2 weeks so I have no idea how long it's been leaking but I must fix it.

Look at the following video, it *appears* to be leaking from the crimped part of the fuel return line that connects to the rail.

Where can I get a replacement line and how long is that part? I haven't put it back up on stands to look at it yet.

Is replacing the whole line my only option do you think? I'm kinda thinking of replacing the O-rings first just in case they are leaking and the gas is running down and dripping over there...

<video removed>

I found a diagram and it looks like the line goes from the rail all the way back to the tank. That would be a pain in the butt if true: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/images/parts/Chrysler/fullsize/000018Z9.jpg

Here's a photo of the area I just took it, the truck has been sitting a bit so the fuel has evaporated some:

<photo removed>

OK this is the weirdest thing. I cleaned off the area using brake cleaner and a shop towel.

Then I turned the key on, no leaks, started the engine, no leaks. Took it for a short 2 mile drive, no leaks.

WTF, how could it go from leaking to not leaking by just wiping it off? Now I'm beginning to wonder if the O-rings are the culprit and by cleaning it I moved the connection just slightly so it sealed.... so weird!

I'm going to keep a close eye on it obviously, and probably put in new O-rings anyway.

OK this is the weirdest thing. I cleaned off the area using brake cleaner and a shop towel.

Then I turned the key on, no leaks, started the engine, no leaks. Took it for a short 2 mile drive, no leaks.

WTF, how could it go from leaking to not leaking by just wiping it off? Now I'm beginning to wonder if the O-rings are the culprit and by cleaning it I moved the connection just slightly so it sealed.... so weird!

I'm going to keep a close eye on it obviously, and probably put in new O-rings anyway.

Could be it sat long enough for the O-rings to dry out and shrink. When they got wet again, they swelled enough to make a seal.

Maybe?

Yeah maybe. I imagine the O-rings are 26 years old now!

I found another thread mentioning the replacement o-rings plus plastic clip as a kit, so I'm gonna buy one tomorrow and replace it. Also in another thread, the guy said to soak the new rings in gas to let them soften up which makes them easier to install. So Eagle, you just might be right my friend...!

Edit: I went out for another longer-ish drive, maybe 5-6 miles, when I got back there was a little bit of gas that seeped out but there was no dripping, the leak is nearly gone. I'm feeling pretty confident now that replacement O-rings are all I need.

Quick disconnect part numbers

So far the Napa part numbers for just orings is:

Napa 730-5018 3/8 Viton individual orings $1.56 each

Napa 730-5017 5/16 Viton individual orings $1.35 each

Napa CRB 212305 fuel line repair kit 5/16? $15.93 each

Mopar repair kits:

83502745 fuel line repair kit 5/16 $6.99 Morris

83504447 fuel line/Trans line repair kit 3/8 $8.99 Morris

I pulled my connection today, the two 3/16" O-rings are different colors. Makes me wonder if a previous owner changed out one of them in the past. They're the same size (and yes I saw the spacer). Weird. Off to the parts store I go...

Edit/Update: I replaced the rings with Viton O-rings and the leak stopped. HELP! package of miscellaneous rings.