What's worth Keeping...

I currently returning a 1990 comanche to servicible condition so that I can use it as a DD.. I also have a 1992 for a parts doner (not much on a doner though as I can't use a portion of what's in there due to the differences in models) which almost everything on it is in great condition, minus the frame (well unibody) which is why I got it for $200 CDN.

I was wondering what was worth keeping and swaping to the other truck and how easy it would be to swap it over... or if there are anythign that anyone out there needs.

Also I know I have to replace the power steering pump and was wondering if I could use the 92's one and if it would be a direct bolt in.

Stats on the trucks:

1990 comanche Eliminator

4.0L I6

4WD automatic

1992 comanche Eliminator

4.0L I6

4WD Manual AX-15 (I think)

If you guys want pictures I can supply them.. just have to ask I would be more than happy to be a shutterbug and fire a few pics your way..

if its a 5spd its an AX-15, keep the drivetrain no doubt. If you want a hearty stickshifty, take the entire setup of clutch, lines but a new slave for the AX-15, maybe convert it to an external slave.

prettymuch strip it. People can use these parts if you can't.

Also I know I have to replace the power steering pump and was wondering if I could use the 92's one and if it would be a direct bolt in.

According to my MJ parts manual, your MJ I6 power steering pumps carry different part numbers: 53005437 (87-90) and 52037565 (91-92). But sometimes that doesn't mean anything and they are interchangable. Just eyeball them closely, compare the mounting brackets, etc. Might just work!

switched P/S pumps it was a direct bolt in and no problems were in countered.. it actually went to quick that I was able to start tackleing the drums... which has proven to be quite the P.I.T.A cause on the left side the shoes were stuck to the drums.. and the lil star like adjuster things was completely sezied.. but they are both off now.. and the parking brake cables snaped in half inbetween the backing plate and the equilazer... so now I have to wait until tuesday until I can get the cables.... :cry: