cigar lighter plate and aux switch plate combo

so i am not sure if this has been done or not. and since i don't have my truck here with me i decided that i wanted to start what little projects i can for it and hopefully it will fall togather once its here. i see a bunch of cutsom interiors and different switch plates and auxillary switch locations. however i want my truck to be moded but still look stock. 

what i did was take an XJ trans and wiper swictch plate and a cigar lighter switch plate and made a stock like plate. this is pretty simple and can be done with only two beers.

my end goal is to find someone who can print a sticker that will match the stock ones. ill show you here in a few......

this is all youll need..... as well as a dremel tool and jb weld

peel the sticker off and make your cut lines

cut out the switch and notification light area. take a cutter or grind wheel and make the edges square

take the switch area and place it over the cigar lighter area.(ensure the socket it removed first) trace a line for your cuts.

i forgot to take pictures of this part but cut just inside the lines so it is not to big and it will ensure a tight fit. if you need to use the grind wheel to make it work.

added the toggle switches and lights

switch plate and cigar plate fit tightly togather and can now be welded.

i used jb weld. if you have something better please post your ideas!

welded the back. it will set in 6 mins but will take 4 hours to be completed

back complete....one of my lights fell out. but since i didnt want the plate to fall out ill leave it till i know its hardened.

front is finished. sorry about the blury PHOTO!!

here is the template concept i have came up with. it will go in this order. left side of steering will be the fog and cargo light. right side will be roll bar lights and rocker lights. then the cigar lighter will be aux fan and aux power to the interior.

well i hope you enjoyed this!

Matt

• 5 years later...
On 8/23/2014 at 3:57 PM, shipp_m said:

so i am not sure if this has been done or not. and since i don't have my truck here with me i decided that i wanted to start what little projects i can for it and hopefully it will fall togather once its here. i see a bunch of cutsom interiors and different switch plates and auxillary switch locations. however i want my truck to be moded but still look stock. 

what i did was take an XJ trans and wiper swictch plate and a cigar lighter switch plate and made a stock like plate. this is pretty simple and can be done with only two beers.

my end goal is to find someone who can print a sticker that will match the stock ones. ill show you here in a few......

8faa1620eb6fc52448ef49c1f650b7e5.jpg

this is all youll need..... as well as a dremel tool and jb weld

42ce3b6a98f061128d5bf15b1976b70e.jpg

peel the sticker off and make your cut lines

9c2955ef2bf2ac0d05c3edd90c3cb6e0.jpg

cut out the switch and notification light area. take a cutter or grind wheel and make the edges square

take the switch area and place it over the cigar lighter area.(ensure the socket it removed first) trace a line for your cuts.

i forgot to take pictures of this part but cut just inside the lines so it is not to big and it will ensure a tight fit. if you need to use the grind wheel to make it work.

6ad9960d89a8439f8f8c9d19be1b285b.jpg

6ee3d594d2e3b05b94d1e66541b1b2d8.jpg

added the toggle switches and lights

switch plate and cigar plate fit tightly togather and can now be welded.

c7c473f1cbbdc737abf993ec1c0fe371.jpg

i used jb weld. if you have something better please post your ideas!

68d90c9c4b6ff24481279ba53d2033f7.jpg

welded the back. it will set in 6 mins but will take 4 hours to be completed

cec43da6e29467bc1d62e8001ec6ab63.jpg

back complete....one of my lights fell out. but since i didnt want the plate to fall out ill leave it till i know its hardened.

13835808ba9743ae5fe452e0ec4f58af.jpg

front is finished. sorry about the blury PHOTO!!

57d9a8cae358f8c8b2805cb6047593cc.jpg

here is the template concept i have came up with. it will go in this order. left side of steering will be the fog and cargo light. right side will be roll bar lights and rocker lights. then the cigar lighter will be aux fan and aux power to the interior.

well i hope you enjoyed this!

Matt

Can you post the end project with pictures of the exterior lights and the switche? 👍🏽

• 4 weeks later...