INFORMATIONAL: anyone with 1TON steering conversions

Many prople have asked my about the washers I have between my TRE's and knuckles. they are Factory Jeep "J" Series truck parts.

Here is the part numbers:

You will need four of these,

Then, you will need two of these,

Assembled they look like this:

Here is one about to be installed:

Lastly, here it is all done:

What these do for you is all but eliminate the rolling of the TRE's when you steer.

NO they will not work with the factory TJ, XJ, MJ, sized TRE's.

I hope this helps, Maybe Pete can stickie this. :brows: ;)

CW

No, they're for an inverted T steering setup to remove the inherent dead spot. Which is caused by the tie-rods rolling as you turn.

JCR offers a poly spacer with their stuff that does the same thing. I was even cheaper and just used drilled out 3/4" washers to bind the passenger side TRE.

Dirty is correct.

Only the poly spacers JCR supplys don't work for very long.

About a year ago, I informed them of these factory J Truck spacers, as well as they had not herd of it before. I showed them what they do and how it might be a good thing to supply or at least offer with there excellent 1ton steering upgrade. There answer was the poly spacers. Trouble is, with out the metal washers protecting the poly it mushes out rather quickly.

This is used IN PLACE OF the grease boot comonly found on TRE's.

CW

CW

Man, if I stickied everything people wanted stickied, the first page would be nothing but stickies. :D Someday we'll have a webpage dedicated to important trivia. :cheers:

CW

Man, if I stickied everything people wanted stickied, the first page would be nothing but stickies. :D Someday we'll have a webpage dedicated to important trivia. :cheers:

How about another section strictly for this kind of information?? ;)

CW

Yeah, yeah, I'm thinking of it. I'm still trying to get some tutoring from the guy who's shipping out all my 8.8s and he keeps getting really busy at work. Someday though. Hopefully soon.