Iro Trackbar Bracket Issues.

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here as far as posting goes, but I've been lurking and learning a lot from you all! I'm currently in the middle of an SoA in the rear and doing a 5.5" lift in the front. I received my Iro Double-Shear Trackbar and bracket today. As I went to install the bracket I noticed the holes were about 1/4 to 3/8 above the holes in the uniframe. That is if the bottom bolts are tightened. Anyone ran into this before? My thoughts are to just drill new holes, unsure of how that's gonna change the geometry though. My Comanche is an '86 model if that's relavent to the issue.

Welcome to CC!

I had a little issue mounting mine awhile ago, I ended up just lining it up, Drilling it out & Putting m14 bolts through it.

You're talking about the drop bracket double shear, Right?

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here as far as posting goes, but I've been lurking and learning a lot from you all! I'm currently in the middle of an SoA in the rear and doing a 5.5" lift in the front. I received my Iro Double-Shear Trackbar and bracket today. As I went to install the bracket I noticed the holes were about 1/4 to 3/8 above the holes in the uniframe. That is if the bottom bolts are tightened. Anyone ran into this before? My thoughts are to just drill new holes, unsure of how that's gonna change the geometry though. My Comanche is an '86 model if that's relavent to the issue.

Shim the bottom with 3/8 plate........instead of drilling new holes which will weaken the frame.

Thank you!

Good to know, at least someone has had similar trouble. That was my plan to fix the problem, just wanted to make sure that idea would work lol.

Did you put in the top bolts loose & Tighten the bottoms all the way? Might suck it up to it.

I finally got a chance to go mess around with it today. I measured my factory and Iro's bracket. Measurements are from the flat plate that sits against the bottom of the frame. Factory bracket measures 4 3/4" to the upper holes. Iro measures 5 1/8". I called Iro and their bracket is correct, Jason said he went and measured one off the shelf. If I place a 3/8 plate for a shim between their bracket and the frame the bracket hits perfect. So I suppose I'll go this route.

Hi there. I was wondering if you got the bracket figured out. I have one of our double shear track bars on my 87 MJ and I didn't have any issues with the bracket fitting. Just curious as to what you end up doing to make it fit.

My name is Patrick and I'm one of the designers at Iron Rock.