Cranium-Anus Insertion

Ol Jimbo is p*ssed. Feeling better today so was out working on a '96 XJ, 2.5, AX15. After checking fluids I topped off the power steering pump cylinder with a pint of anti freeze. Caught my mistake immediately but it was to late. So now i have a yucky mess in my steering. My question is can I just keep flushing it out with PS fluid until it's clear, or should I use something to help clean it out? I ran it for a minute B4 I caught it so it's pretty well mixed up.  :doh:  :fs1:

Ol Jimbo is p*ssed. Feeling better today so was out working on a '96 XJ, 2.5, AX15. After checking fluids I topped off the power steering pump cylinder with a pint of anti freeze. Caught my mistake immediately but it was to late. So now i have a yucky mess in my steering. My question is can I just keep flushing it out with PS fluid until it's clear, or should I use something to help clean it out? I ran it for a minute B4 I caught it so it's pretty well mixed up.  :doh:  :fs1:

I'd just flush it with PS fluid, Then top it off turn the wheel for a bit & drain re-fill it again. Should be fine.

I'd disconnect the return line from the reservoir, drain it, hook the return back up, fill the res with PS fluid, then run the engine while turning the steering wheel stop-to-stop for a minute or two. Repeat until the res drain is all PS fluid.

On some Mazda 3's there was a recall where we needed to flush the power steering system. We drained the rest at the return line. Left the return line loose to drain into a pan. We the connected a large container to the pump supply line and ran 3 gallons of fluid through the system to flush it all the while cycling the wheel back and forth. Not sure if your system will need 3 gallons gone through it but that would definitely clean it out.