Floor Refurbishing Tips

I'm looking to refurbish my floors. I can see from under the cab that part of the floor pan is rusted through (a pretty small area, from what I can see); still, I won't know the full extent of the damage until I manage to rip up the carpet. I'm planning on patching up the holes, and that's where I have questions.

Once the holes are patched, what might you suggest I use to reseal the floor pans to protect against future rust? I'm also thinking about thermal insulation. Lastly, I'm looking for non-carpet options to finish the floor.

So what I have in mind is:
1. Rip up carpet and patch the floors.

2. Apply POR-15 paint (or something similar).

3. Apply spray-on thermal insulation (something like a Lizard Skin Ceramic Insulation).

4. Rhino line the floors.

I just did some google searches and these were the first products listed. What do you guys think? Any part of this a bad idea for any reason? I'm open to hear any and all suggestions.

Once I get started, I'll document the process and make a thread on the forum.

Absolutely cut/grind away the rust and patch the floors first. Then POR-15 is must before doing anything else, try sticking to POR-15 if you can find it. I patched up the floors of mine and herculined the tub once every pin hole was sealed. I like the herculiner a lot as it was easy to roll on. Then I put my old floor mats down to finish it. It couldn't hurt to undercoat the floor pans as well with bed liner. Two cans of duplicolor bed liner worked alright for me. 

I have heard about vinyl floor mats made by ACC molded for the Comanche but don't know too much about it. Good luck!

I cut out the areas that had the pin holes.  I figured if I just patched them, they would continue to grow and become larger rust holes eventually.   I had an old hood laying around, so I used the metal from that to patch more or less the entire foot well.  I figured that metal was already coated for rust from the factory and had primer/paint on both sides, so I would be better off than if I used regular sheet metal.

I cut out the areas that had the pin holes.  I figured if I just patched them, they would continue to grow and become larger rust holes eventually.   I had an old hood laying around, so I used the metal from that to patch more or less the entire foot well.  I figured that metal was already coated for rust from the factory and had primer/paint on both sides, so I would be better off than if I used regular sheet metal.

What's "rusty" in some parts of the country is darn near mint condition in ours. I used pieces cut from an XJ door skin to fix my '88.