Temperature Sensor Question For 2.5L

Hi,

Where is the temperature sensor located on the 2.5L?  It isn't in the front connected to the thermostat housing/water outlet is it??

I am asking this because I am in a predicament. I had to replace my thermostat housing because while changing my thermostat, I tightened the bolts on it but the thermostat slipped and the pressure of the screw cracked at one of the bolt locations.  Any ways, I order one for my exact year and engine thinking itd be exact but theres an extra hole in it for the temperature sensor like in other engines.  I don't believe I had one there before.  What should I do?  Should I just buy a sensor to just plug up the hole even though the sensor won't be used?

%21Bgr7EbQBmk~$%28KGrHqQH-DgEsMR%21J2%29

If it looks like this it would have come with a plug in it, the plug is a fine thread.

I drilled and tapped mine to 3/8 NPT to accept a switch. I do not remember what the thread is......you might have a hard time finding the plug.

Temp sender is on the top of the head to the back on the drivers side, single wire going to it.

The housing you got is probably for a 4.0 HO. They are basically the same thing, just has an extra hole tapped in it.

I would plug the hole with a brass plug from the hardware store or the autoparts store and be done with it.

after looking it up.  i found that the size is 1/8 - 27 thread   sound about right?  found it off of here listed the size for the temperature sensor http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=44888&cc=1181584

That is not the size of the plug, that is the temp sender in the head.

Plug is 3/8 but not NPT.

Post a pic of it.