Gets Me Thinkin. . .

ftpiercecracker1

First ad on CL was this. http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4457945835.html 

That Jeep with a good running engine would be easily worth a couple grand. The high mileage is the only down side that would really detract from its resale value, but other than that it looks d**n near perfect. If i had the money i would be very tempted to try and fix it up and sell it.

KBB puts it at $3500 in "very good" condition even with the high miles.

buy for $700, even if you paid a 1k for a new engine (which i probably wouldnt) and sold it for 3300

= $1600 profit.

I have thought about doing stuff like this many times before, the only thing keeping me from trying is simple lack of capital. :(  Its a shame cause that is a really nice, clean Jeep.

Yeah I kinda want to do this as well. I have 3 or so vehicles I've bought for super low, fixed, and am now trying to sell. Problem is, the bodies aren't nice, so even though they're solid vehicles no one wants them. I need to learn bodywork  :wall:

Well what I need is either a job, or some of my stuff to freakin' sell lol. Anyway, I can weld very well, and I can fabricate to a certain degree, but I've never gotten into fiberglass, sanding, or painting. It all looks fairly easy, I just need to DO it. What's holding you back? Need a better job, or better spending habits?  :roll:

Well what I need is either a job, or some of my stuff to freakin' sell lol. Anyway, I can weld very well, and I can fabricate to a certain degree, but I've never gotten into fiberglass, sanding, or painting. It all looks fairly easy, I just need to DO it. What's holding you back? Need a better job, or better spending habits?  :roll:

Money, money, and oh let me think. . . . MONEY  :fs1:  I have a job, but don't make squat, even at 30hrs a week.

Life is a b***h, you have to have money to make money.