In Your Opinion...

johnny quest

Think these came off of an ZJ? Others have said S10, but pretty sure I seen them on ZJs.

And for what its worth I think the 10 hole ones are called "gamblers"?

yea those are early ZJ wheels. and these are gamblers

jeep-gambler-wheels-05.JPG

Yeah, I like the Icons but they are only 7" wide.

A 15x7" wheel is fine for tires up to 31", which is probably covers the majority of our MJs. Anything larger an 8" wheel is best, like the Ravine, Moab, Canyon, etc.

In don't think that the height of the tire matters for the width of the rim just the width of the tire. I would much prefer a 34x9 tire on a 15x7 vs a 15x8.

I prefer stock wheels as well. I ran 15x8 Gamblers on my previous MJ.

My current build uses stock 16x7 steelies.

KJ with painted factory steelies

Painting wheels tip: The new plastidip fad is not great off roads as it peels off easily. Heck some car washes will take it off. Rattle can wheel paint works and that is what is on the KJ. I did not like the finish. For good adhesion and longevity I use the Bumper & Trim rattle cans from the auto parts place. It looks good with a finish like plastidip but it lasts. It does not just peel off. Of course if you want to be able to peel it off that is a bad thing...

Yeah, I like the Icons but they are only 7" wide.

A 15x7" wheel is fine for tires up to 31", which is probably covers the majority of our MJs. Anything larger an 8" wheel is best, like the Ravine, Moab, Canyon, etc.

In don't think that the height of the tire matters for the width of the rim just the width of the tire. I would much prefer a 34x9 tire on a 15x7 vs a 15x8.

I prefer stock wheels as well. I ran 15x8 Gamblers on my previous MJ. My current build uses stock 16x7 steelies.

Yep, that's true - I forgot about the tall skinny tires since I've never had any experience with them. The tire width is directly proportional to wheel width.

Think these came off of an ZJ? Others have said S10, but pretty sure I seen them on ZJs.

And for what its worth I think the 10 hole ones are called "gamblers"?

"Sawblades"...I like.

Thanks for the link Don, knew they were Jeep, just not sure what they were called or what they came off of.

That is a ZJ rim. S10 rims would not fit as the have a 5x4.75 bolt pattern versus the 5x4.5 of our MJ's. They did have a very similar wheel, though. Same with those aluminum 10-holes. The gamblers have 5 holes. I am not sure what the ten holes are called but one of those linked threads probably has it in there.