Cad Question

90 is CAD.

Check the vacuum lines to the CAD mechanism.  The big rubber plug at the axle AND the plug to the vacuum switch on the t-case. Either may be disconnected.  If it is CAD and not the t-case it's an easy fix.  Even if it is the t-case and not the CAD it's still a rather simple fix...not rocket science.

P.S. If you find that the either of the vacuum plugs is disconnected, don't fix it in the guys driveway...he'll jack up the price.  Wait til you get it home.

90 is CAD.

Correction: He's asking about an XJ. The '90 XJ would have an axle disconnect IF it has a Command-Trac (NP231) transfer case. If it has a full-time (NP242) transfer case it does not have an axle disconnect.

the guy took the ring and pinion out to rebuild it but never did. he put her back together to use the truck. she is clean with tons of new parts ranging from fuel filter, pump ballast resistor, vc gasket 3" full rusty's lift, new cps and a full tune up. you think she is worth 1200? he does have the ring and pinion along with the front drive shaft. she is a 4.0 manual.

can't copy cl listing for some reason. if on of you guys could go to south jersey craigs list she is there in the Bridgton area listed at 1200. no pic but he sent me one and I can't post that up either.

if it has 3" of lift (decent quality), at least 31s, I'd say maybe, if the vehicle was loaded w options, tilt air cruise pw pl

I'd pay more than that if it has all the above, but not much more, if the 4wd works. Tell him its gonna cost at least $500 to fix the front axle, offer him a thousand.

XJs are a dime a dozen