Post a pict. of a str. 6 engine here 4 me?

Hi. I have a question, can anyone here post a picture of a 6 cylinder, 1989, Comanche. There's a part that I don't exactly know what it is, therefore, don't know what it does. Standing in front of the truck,as if you're checking the oil, the battery is to your left, engine is in the center, against the left "firewall" mounted to the firewall, looks like a relay, or flasher? If I had a picture to look at on here, I could see it, and explain to you where it is, so that you might be able to help me with my problem. I'm having wiring problem's, to make a long story less long...........

I need to figure out if this part has anything to do with my windshield wipers, or blinkers. Cause me messing around with wire's, trying to get my fog light's working, somehow, now fog light's are fixed, but at the sacrifice of my blinker's, wiper's, horn, and cig. lighter

[/b]

it's right behind the battery, a 1/2 inch (i believe) nut with a bunch of power wires hooked up to it, and 3 or 4 prongs which have wires leading from them... ?

that....

would be the starter relay.

your loss of lights, wipers, and cig. lighter is a fusebox problem...

could be simply bad fuses but...

I would venture to say it's a manual, and that the master cylinder is/was leaking at some point. common problem on the trucks...resulting in corroded wires at the fusebox from clutch fluid leaking on it (highly corrosive)

check fuses. if corroded...well, best of luck.

Jeepcomj,

Yeah, the fuse box was where I was having several different problems, I just bought the truck 3 weeks ago. Well, in tring to get the fog lights working, which i did. the other stuff went out. the fuse box, has a couple of bad looking places in it, like where you actually plug a fuse into it, it looks like it had gotten hot, or burnt. in 2 places,

The reason I asked about that part up front, is cause the wires going into it, were'nt being used, so I rerouted them, the use them for my fog light's. the toggle switch'es on the dash werent even pluged in. and one had never been used( toggle for an automatic trans, mine IS a 5 sp.)heck, I'm having trouble even trying to explain this, guess tommorrow, I'll just have to dig into there a little deeper.

But, for some reason, I was thinking that part up by the Batt. had something to do w/ it.? :nuts:

Jeepcomj,

Yeah, the fuse box was where I was having several different problems, I just bought the truck 3 weeks ago. Well, in tring to get the fog lights working, which i did. the other stuff went out. the fuse box, has a couple of bad looking places in it, like where you actually plug a fuse into it, it looks like it had gotten hot, or burnt. in 2 places,

The reason I asked about that part up front, is cause the wires going into it, were'nt being used, so I rerouted them, the use them for my fog light's. the toggle switch'es on the dash werent even pluged in. and one had never been used( toggle for an automatic trans, mine IS a 5 sp.)heck, I'm having trouble even trying to explain this, guess tommorrow, I'll just have to dig into there a little deeper.

But, for some reason, I was thinking that part up by the Batt. had something to do w/ it.? :nuts:

yea the PO probably added switch panels outta a cherokee.

and it's your fusebox causing the problems...if it had bad spots, i suggest you pull it loose and look behind it. if you can take it apart and clean it, try that.

should help at least. does your radio work? most likely not...that's tied into the cig lighter

But as for now, I'm trying to figure out how to put my picture of it, by my name, like as in your's. (download a pict. of it)

You can't upload pics directly to the forum. Put your pics on a photo hosting site such as PhotoBucket, then you just post links to the pics in your posts here.

I will try and get some pic's tonight for you, I have a 89 4.0L 4x4. I will use my wife's camera and get some HUGE pictures for you lol.

Please do NOT post huge pictures. They take forever to download, and they just mean we have to scroll around to see the entire view. 640x480 is fine, or 800x600 is a practical MAXIMUM for viewing on the Internet.

I'll tell you right off, I'm on a dial-up connection. If your pics are larger than 800x600 I won't see them, because I don't have time to sit here while they load.

Xacto's pic above is 900x564 and it takes up MORE than my full screen width, meaning I have to scroll back and forth to see it all. There's no point in posting pics that large.

Well, actually, It is a "BOSCHE" part mounted to the side firewall, i had a picture of it, I'll have to send it to you, I'm thinking it is a relay or something.

I really do need to fix my blinker problem, like Monday afternoon. Hopefully, When you get a minute tomorrow, think you could help me? (Monday afternoon) I'm going to take the fuse panel out, to see behind it. I know one connection is burned out on it(in the panel.) I've got a picture of the bad place, in the fuse panel. I'll post the link to it, it's at picture trail.

I'll look you up tomorrow

thanks bro