1989 Comanche Lynchburg Va. Help.

Ok guys I know it's been a while I had mechanical issues and I was waiting for parts... Now I know most of you hate rustys but my friend works for them and got me good deals.

I got a 4.5 " lift kit

Adjustable track bar

Adjustable control arms and

Single stearinh stablizer

All to be installed this weekend the reason, (any info on things I might run into with this lift while installing would be awesome). I didn't go SOA because I'm not looking to offroad to much and I didn't need that high of a lift.

After the installation with pics this weekend I will be on the look out for front winch bumper and possibly fender flares any ideas on with of those?

There are a couple of different winch bumpers out there. I just built a JCR weld it yourself bumper and it turned out well. They also have the same bumper which they have already welded for you. It is made of 3/16th steel plate and it wraps around the fender to give better protection. You will have to trim the fender a little bit but that's not hard at all.

You can check out my build Green Monster to see what mine looks like. I added the hoops myself but JCR will sell you a kit for it if you want.

As far as fender flares goes I am still trying to decide which ones I want.

Good luck,

Ron

Before

old 3" rustys lift that was already on it

shocks gone

no coil springs

old compared to new

stupid person before me weld

new springs and shocks

rustys extension backet

after

before

after

done so far

front shocks

coil springs

adjustable trac bar

adjustable control arms

steering stabalizer

extension sway bar brackets

brake extension brackets

problems I ran into

I can't get drivers side shock screwed all the way in it won't tighten anymore also won't losen so thats a problem, also bolts that go through control arms wouldnt fit through new control arms had to go find 9/16ths bolt to fit through, and for the life of me I can't get the track bar pin in through the bolt. other then that everything went ok now for the rear only problem with that is I put the new leaf spring packs up to the old ones and it doesnt look long enough hopefully they will fit when I pull the old ones off.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...