time to up

First, try the search feature.

Secondly, you've got TONS of options in that range, first you should think about what your jeep is used for, are you looking for good ride, or performance? Whats your budget?

I recommend to anyone over 3" to replace both UPPER and LOWER control arms, although most don't...

You're going to get a wide variety of responses on this.

But for the rear, DO NOT GET AN AAL, use a bastard pack before you get an AAL.

Try finding some junkyard 4x4 MJ leafs in good condition. That'll raise you up an inch right there (2wd MJs are lower than 4wd MJS). Add in the main leaf from your current pack (cut the eyes off first or course) right under the main leaf of the new pack for another inch. Then swap in the 4x4 MJ coils for an inch up front. If it doesn't balance out, you can add in an inch spacer for the front coils. Or grab the rubber isolators from a couple junkyard MJ/XJs and stack them on top of your coils. Don't forget that ANY height change up front will necessitate an alignment for your steering.

You could do all that for dirt cheap if you find the right junkyard.

project88mj, Pete is on track. You can also use frt. coils out of a zj for abot 1" lift from boneyard. Spacer works well too. AAL on year, my personal choice would be a long leaf AAL as they give more flex, softer ride. As was mentioned, if you go w/used trim main leaf if you have tools/knowledge. Be sure to champher the edges if you go that route.Can even use a standard flat file. Make sure you replace spring stack bolts(no option), & strongly recommend relace U-bolts, then retorque after 200 miles.

mjcanoe

Depending on how I lift my front end here shortly, I'll have either a set of 1 3/4" spacers (Teraflex) and/or a set of V8 ZJ springs left over. I'd take $40 for either, or $70 for both, plus shipping.

For the rear, I agree with Pete. I swapped a set of 4WD leafs under my (used to be) 2WD and got about 3". If you can't get leafs, use the drop shackles that Pat recommends.

Jeff

If you do the shackle and spacer I say YES if you have a basic set of tools, some PB bblaster, good jack, and a set of jack stands.

Rear is easy... Just 2 bolts per side, but you will need a GOOD set of jack stands cause you have to support the rear of the truck from the midway point of your rig.

Front is a lil harder, and here is where you can run into lots more problems.

The way I install pucks,

is to remove sway bar end links,

UNbolt top of shock on both sides,

Remove the driveshaft from the front axle( just unbolt and move out the way)

Then Jack the rig up

supporting the frame behind the lower control arm mount. This should let the front end drop way down, allowing easy Installationl of the lift pucks

the only big problems you could have installing it yourself if you have limited axcess to tools and such is rusty broken bolts. then could set you back a bit, but other than that its easy.

i would use a coil spring compressor for the front springs, its easy, you can rent them from autozone for free (you just pay a deposit first which you get back when you return it)