Whats the best way to remove Vinyl graphics?

a heat gun. hair dryer will work about half as good

but a good heat gun can't be beat. like 40 bucks for one with a cooling feature too. I use mine for everything from bumper stickers to window stickers to decals, and I also use it every 2 years to pull the registration stickers off my snowmobiles and put the new ones on.

you'll need something like that, then some goo-gone or some sticky residue remover to get it clean.

if you are going to paint it once they come off anyways, a good a good air powered sander works fine. can't remember what type it is called, but the sanding disc stick onto the foam pad. about 7" round iirc. and i can't remember the name of it for anything.

Alex

I just re-painted my truck and had to remove them before i started. I also work in the vinyl graphic business. The cheapest and easiest way to remove pinstriping and graphics is to use a standard torch like the one for plumbing. Hold it far enough away that you do not burn the graphics. All you want to do is to heat it up and it will become very soft and peel easily. The glue will wipe off clean with acetone. If you need to use a razor blade, mark one side with a marker so that you always know which side to keep up and then draw the blade backwards a few times on a piece of glass or clean metal. Not your truck body! This will remove the burr from one side of the razor blade. This will help prevent the blade from digging in to the paint. You must start with a new blade only though. You should not need a razor though. Once you heat up the starting corner, just rub your thumb into it to get an lifting edge going. It should take you fifteen minutes to strip the box. I would not use the torch on glass though. You can hold an acetone soaked rag over the window sticker for a minute and it will soften the glue enough to get you going.

Good luck!!!

if you are going to paint it once they come off anyways, a good a good air powered sander works fine. can't remember what type it is called, but the sanding disc stick onto the foam pad. about 7" round iirc. and i can't remember the name of it for anything.

Alex

i remember the name. DA Sander, or Dual Action sander. they work great if you are just going to repaint it anyways.

Alex

heat, goo-gone, wipe down. then do your basic sanding/dent removal and paint the truck

what color are you going john?

Not really sure, but probably back to the factory blue or close to it. Right now I am going to get the body work done and have the whole truck sprayed primer gray.