putting an MJ body on a j10 frame...

I'd rather have the look of club cab, as with xj rear doors you would have to meld in the comanche stiker to make it into a full door (wheel well openings).

if ya do it, and leave the wheel well openings and fill them rather than makin the door square, I'll personally see to it that it's wrecked. j/k about that, but it would look like $#!&!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have the look of club cab, as with xj rear doors you would have to meld in the comanche stiker to make it into a full door (wheel well openings).

if ya do it, and leave the wheel well openings and fill them rather than makin the door square, I'll personally see to it that it's wrecked. j/k about that, but it would look like $#!+!

You could always make the space useful, and make it a panel that flips down to access a storage box or something.

OR you make it useful like that, but still paneled with the DOOR covering the hole...so that it doesn't appear to have storage, but actually DOES when you open the door.

that way it wouldn't look flat out ghey

OR you make it useful like that, but still paneled with the DOOR covering the hole...so that it doesn't appear to have storage, but actually DOES when you open the door.

that way it wouldn't look flat out ghey

Good idea.

Toss a nice Cummins 5.9 under the hood and its near tow rig status! Beef the frame up then, and upgrade the axles. Oh, and work the firewall to conform to fit that beastily engine.

A few problems with the 5.9 cummins...

-It weighs about 900lbs turnkey.

-It's a big mother. You think the 4.0 is cramped in a XJ/MJ engine bay - the cummins is probably 40% bigger in every dimension, and needs a massive intercooler and radiator.

• 2 weeks later...
A few problems with the 5.9 cummins...

-It weighs about 900lbs turnkey.

-It's a big mother. You think the 4.0 is cramped in a XJ/MJ engine bay - the cummins is probably 40% bigger in every dimension, and needs a massive intercooler and radiator.

Only the turbo ones. Non-turbos are 5" longer and 3" wider than an AMC 6.

After seeing this post, I'll have to hack the cab off my '73 J4000's frame and set the '85 XJ's 2dr body over the 304 and running gear to see how it fits!

If I was offered a N/A cummins, I'd pass it up. Go turbo or go home. They're very cheap and easy to hop up, and not horribly slow from the factory.

And I think I'll change my weight estimate on a 6BT, apparently they're closer to 1200 turnkey. Ouch.

If I was offered a N/A cummins, I'd pass it up. Go turbo or go home. They're very cheap and easy to hop up, and not horribly slow from the factory.

And I think I'll change my weight estimate on a 6BT, apparently they're closer to 1200 turnkey. Ouch.

Need a 4BT?

I was over my buddy's house last night, and he had at least 5 laying around, He sold one yesterday afternoon.