I am getting ready to install my Novak Cable shifter for the transfer case.  The instructions say to remove the transmission side linkage mount and re use the bolts.  However, my AX-15 did not come with the TC shifter linkage or any mounting hardware.  the black and white pictures in the instructions offer very little help.  So I am not sure how or where exactly it should mount..

Also what size bolts are used for the transmission side linkage bracket?

Thanks

the novak shift comes with all the bolts you need for the tunnel. the bracket mounts to the transfercase studs. the lever on the transfercase will only fit/function one way. would be pretty hard to install incorrectly once you're under there. I'll look through my pictures... not sure if i took in progress or just finished shots.

Here's pic of the novak bracket mounted to tunnel and attached to lever in cab. the other bracket is there and just uses the top two studs off the transfercase (you can see the holes, but the transfercase is removed in this picture)

Post install I added some fender washers to the bolts holding the bracket to the tunnel on the cab side. One of my holes was oblong, and i don't have carpet so i didnt want to look at it.

9196293352_e87828a0bd.jpg

I love mine. I installed the terra 2-lo as the same time. Best part about the novak system is if the engine starts torquing it doesn't pop out of gear like it would with the stock set up. It's really easy to adjust. I've not had one complaint other then the purchase price.

I am making the write up in the DIY forum and it will be in my build thread..... I was about half way through the write up then i right clicked and accidentally hit back page...  needles to say I am not to happy with the context menu at the moment...  I will have something posted shortly.  I just gotta start over again....

I am making the write up in the DIY forum and it will be in my build thread..... I was about half way through the write up then i right clicked and accidentally hit back page...  needles to say I am not to happy with the context menu at the moment...  I will have something posted shortly.  I just gotta start over again....

Too late now, but in future see if clicking undo brings it back