Bolt on SOA

All you need to SOA the rear is a few inches of 2" square tube. I cut a couple pieces about 8" long, drilled a hole in the top for the spring center pin, and then just ground out a half circle... I tacked them to the axle tube parallel with the original mounts with my 110v, brought the axle down to a truck repair place and they burned them on for $15... For the shocks I welded some grade 8 bolts to the axle tube, works pretty damn good for now.

2din22f.jpg

2h2edg5.jpg

For the front we just pieced together some 4.5" coils, an adj trac bar, adj lower control arms, some cheap shocks, and extended brake lines.. Cut some fenders and for $300-$400 you can spend the money you save on big tires!

LOL, this truck was built on a $1000 budget, including the price of the truck. I think we had a pretty decent wheeler for the price. I believe we have about $1500 total into by now.

2ccxzxy.jpg

2 thoughts:

-Mopar leaf perches are like $10 for a pair and super beefy.

-If you're going SOA, you probably are adding tires that are too big for a Dana 35.

The bolt-on concept is unique and clever, but it my view it just isn't worth while when all you need is to find a friend or business with a welder.

I have these units I bought them 2 years ago to do my SOA

My thought was they are long 7" long and would support the springs better and should reduce/control spring wrap, also I can re-use when I upgraded my axel

And at the time I did look at the stock type and they are just too small/short for the SOA (my opinion) so I like to try cool stuff and these looked cool 

so I bought them used them on the 35 until recently I bought a factory MJ AMC20 axel and re-used the brackets ,had to grind on them a bit for clearance as the 20 tubes are a bit larger

This time I did weld them on as I don’t think I will need to change axels again. Besides that they don’t lock into the AMC20 saddles

So if you don’t have a welder or don’t want to fab up your own, these are very well made and will help reduce spring wrap due to there length and they are very simple to install they actually lock into the D35 perch to provide a solid non welded system. And you can re-use them when you do upgrade your axel (with some grinding for tube size)

Her are some pics,it was dark so I had to “brighten” them so if they look bad ,sorry