Bucket Seats

Getting a pair of mint xj leather buckets from a friend in texas. I swear up and down I saw a thread on here before about someone making regular buckets into tilt buckets..but can't for the life of me find it. Anyone shed some light on this? I can deal without tilt, but I'd rather not...and I really want black leather buckets.

Depends on what "era" the seats are.  The '97+ are easy to make into flip-forward seats as all you need is some 2dr seat hinge assemblies.

For earlier seats, you generally have to re-skin the 2dr XJ or MJ seats with the material from the replacements.  The seats have to be the same design in most cases (the non-bolstered vs. bolstered versions) if that makes sense.

Depends on what "era" the seats are. The '97+ are easy to make into flip-forward seats as all you need is some 2dr seat hinge assemblies.

For earlier seats, you generally have to re-skin the 2dr XJ or MJ seats with the material from the replacements. The seats have to be the same design in most cases (the non-bolstered vs. bolstered versions) if that makes sense.

That makes sense ....just completely separate seat from hardware and just swap the cushions, more or less. I'll keep searching DIY, but i think I saw it in a build thread.....

Thanks! Guess my leathers may just need a ton of ingenuity to make tilt....when they get here, I'll tear into it, and hopefully with success do a write up! Got a handful of 2dr xjs in the local pnp. Time to pull parts and get crazy