1989 Comanche Pioneer 4.0/6Cyl - 18Gal/6Ft Bed Fuel Sending Unit

I am having trouble  finding a sending unit (oem) for my 89 jeep Comanche 4.0  6cyl .I had purchased a new tank (18gal spectra ) and n I'm looking for replacement sending unit and pump that is exact fit as the original ,which is too corroded ,everytime I search I only get sending units from other years ,which will not work and goes in the wrong direction of inner pan within tank which is to the left also ,when I do a search for pump I get these smaller pumps in size  that do not  match up to the original  but say's  its the exact fit for my year truck ,<---is not the case . my original unit fits to the left and is much longer  sending unit than what I am shown  does anyone have  the correct part numbers for all trucks  made in 1989 or point me in the right direction  thanks for  your help :  jrwhite     p.s ill post a pic of my  parts /soon 

Sending units for our trucks are no longer made. Store computer systems say the Cherokee one will fit which it does not. The Cherokee one is mirror image from what you need and about 1/4" or so shorter.

They can be used in a tank without a pan, but will not quite reach the bottom.

Cherokee sending units do not fit a Comanche tank!

How many time do I need to repeat this?

They are mirror image and a tad shorter. They will fit in a aftermarket/non fuel injection tank that does not have the pan (baffle) in the bottom of the tank, but won't quite reach the bottom.

mvusse - My reference was to the seal for the sending unit, which Team Cherokee lists for Comanches.

jrwhite - go to tristarradiator.com, guy's name is Dan OHora. They rebuild sending units. And/or check out Akula69's post on rebuilding sending units.

Yes, the O rings do interchange. I have seen square ones and round ones, they both seal when installed correctly (only one I had leak was not quite in place in one spot), but the square ones are definitely a bigger PIA to install.