Neutral Safety switch removal

The NSS plug us up by the tranny dip stick, and it runs down and is attached to the AW4 on the passy side near the top. I butchered mine when putting it on. It works though, thats all that matters. What ever you do don't break it when taking it off. They are close to $200 to replace :mad: .

$236 to be exact.

and if the NSS switch is causing a no-start situation, here's the quick fix.

take the B (black) and C (black and white) wire on the NSS side of the connector (next to the tranny dipstick by the firewall), and cut them apart on the switch side of the connector, not on the motor side (that way you can replace the switch with no need for re-splicing the original engine harness).

back to the wires...splice the B and C together (you can tell which is which cause the connector labels them) and there's your start. BUT it will now start in every gear...so make sure you watch what gear you're in.

Dude, where in southern NH are you?? I'm down in Pepperell, MA.

Could it be a controll to a heater valve or somthing? It looks like its a cable with a spring on it. Can you follow where it leads to?

ok well here is the pic :oops:

take notice how it looks nothing like the NSS,

todays game was brought to you by a dumbass host and a crappy memory.

sorry :nuts: :oops:

Jonathan

bwahaha nice man. uh...so where exactly does that go?

I'm thinking that it's for the cruise control and that someone simply routed it into the firewall rather than hook it to the throttle body.

haha, is it for the gas pedal?

them's the 2 things I see it could be...

Dude, where in southern NH are you?? I'm down in Pepperell, MA.

Could it be a controll to a heater valve or somthing? It looks like its a cable with a spring on it. Can you follow where it leads to?

that ain't for the heater...it's too big for that as far as I can tell.

lostissues, trail it...we need to know...

I'm about 20 min from concord, deerfield to be exact (Deerfield fair, that helps jog some peoples memories)

I'm not too sure where it leads to, i will trace it back someday, the truck runs for now so it can't be any big thing, to the most of my knowledge the heater and the controls work, i havent realy had it running too long, so i havent been able to check if all the accessories work and crap, just trying to get it fixed up enough to get it inspected. almost there jamminz.gif

Jonathan

ok, it loops around and attaches to the stearing column, if you were sitting in the truck stairing down the stearing column, it would attach at about 8 O'clockish after it attached i couldnt see where it went to. makes me thing cruise control, but i don't have that option, unless it was broken off.

Jonathan

nope, your steering column is out of a 2.8 or 2.5 auto truck.

IIRC you would not have the ittle switch next to the ignition that you have to push so that you can remove the keys? that is what that cable is for. with the auto, when you shift into neutral, allows the ignition to be turned back so you can remove the keys.

Lostissues, jeep had a recall for brake interlock, to keep you from shifting from park unless brake applied. Looks like shifter end of cable for an auto, they were adjustable of course which is wht the square "knob" is. If you changed to stick shift, don't need. If you can check online for recall # 733, If I remember, application was all xj & mj Auto's from '84 on up to '94,'95 ? hope this helps.

mjcanoe

Lostissues, jeep had a recall for brake interlock, to keep you from shifting from park unless brake applied. Looks like shifter end of cable for an auto, they were adjustable of course which is wht the square "knob" is. If you changed to stick shift, don't need. If you can check online for recall # 733, If I remember, application was all xj & mj Auto's from '84 on up to '94,'95 ? hope this helps.

mjcanoe

Hmm, that probably would've stopped me from shoving it into reverse yesterday. I got used to our 3-on-a-tree van and tried to downshift.