89 MJ Pioneer project, building a DD.

Hey all, so I bought another MJ, been looking a LONG time, ever since I sold my 91 Eliminator. Owned tons of XJ's, but finally found another MJ.

Here is a few pics.

440308_73_full.jpg

440308_74_full.jpg

440308_75_full.jpg

440308_76_full.jpg

Main reason I bought it, CLEAN body. A little surface rust here and there, not much at all, underneath is super clean. It has 4.5" of lift, the rear is a SOA, front is a Hodgepodge pile of crap that will need redone. I plan on putting in quality lift components to properly set up the front. I will install doors of a XJ laredo, wire in the pwr options. Do some buckets (been eyeing up the ones in the new Grand Cherokees, heat switch is located on the seat side). The 31's on it are bald, has 32's in the bed.

I do plan to repaint it, anyone know where I can get the Pioneer decals???? Does anyone still offer these?

Wildman, good to hear from you again! Actually I picked this MJ up in Phillly PA. I've been looking for a LONG time, couldnt believe the condition of this one.

Thanks for the heads up on the stickers. I want to repaint it, especially since I plan on adding XJ Laredo doors (easier than swapping the internals), but really like the old Pioneer stickers. Must replace those.

Thanks guys.

It appears to still have the stock springs in the rear (and front too). The measurments from center of hub to fender flair lip is 22" in the rear, 21.5" in the front. If my memorey serves me right, that is about 4.5" of lift. A D44 will give you a bit more on a SOA due to the thicker tub's, approx an inch more. HTH.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been awhile since I did an update, figured I better get some pics up ;)

Here she is in the garage, all torn apart. Just POR15'd the floor, coverd that with Dynosomething bedliner, then sprayed on some rubberized undercoating for sound deadner. Reinstalled the carpet mat just to get it out of the way. Sprayed the back of the cab too. Floors are nice and solid! I then por15 the inside edges of the roof (seem to like to rust there), figured I would stop any rust now, then dynomatted the whole inside cab roof. Swapped on the 96 Jeep hood, mine had some dents and chips, this one looks new. Installing the 96 brake system (you can see it on the floor), along with the doors and power options. Also will install the console, and some buckets (havent decieded on seats yet).

Enough yappn, here are the pics...

440308_79_full.jpg

440308_80_full.jpg

440308_81_full.jpg

440308_82_full.jpg

You can also see the 242 on the floor, thats going in too. I have a line on some 410 axles as well, hope that is ready in a week or so.

• 3 months later...

Been awhile since I did an update. I am starting to get all the interior back together. Did the new headliner and all the trim minus the dash. I installed a 99 console (looks good) that will match my Leather seats nicely. Just need to do the seats and dash.

I installed the 96 brake system, still need to get the lines to connect it all up.

Its nice to be putting it back together, rather then tearing it all apart! I will get more done this weekend and try and post some pics.

:cheers:

I'm interested in how much of a noise reduction you'll get form the dynamatt and stuff.

I used alot of it in my WJ, mostly in the doors. Made a huge difference, not only noise reduction, but made the Jeep feel real solid. Going to use it extensively in the doors of this one too.