1986 And 1988 - Oh $1500

GirsMJ86

I'm definitely interested in that black bench seat still.

Well I hate to put it like this, but unless you can get it soon it just won't be around. I'd hate to see that whole interior get scraped since it's spotless.

Honestly if someone could store them that would be just awesome, even if it was just long enough to part the '86 and fix the '88. I'd even split proceeds from parts off the '86, give them the interior/roll bar/whatever for doing so. Though I currently have no tow rig, and my cousin's Cummins is having injector issues so a favor from him would be out.

Sound good to me !! I'm serious about it but you'd have to find a way to get them to me . I have a tow dolly but it's a bit far for me to tow with the xj .

Thanks, but I really don't see how I could get them there. I think the only viable option is taking a loss and getting them sold.

I should mention I'd take $1000 for the '88 and $500 for the '86. And all my extra parts can be gone through and offers made on stuff. I don't have a museums worth like Rob does, but I've got a small pile of stuff. The bigger number items are listed in the first post, like Daystar poly kit and stuff. A lot of which won't be coming with the trucks anymore, the price is just too low to do so.

• 1 month later...

I was waiting to make sure everything was squared away with both trucks before reporting back, or was just going to let this topic fade away since there wasn't a ton of real interest around here. I've also been pretty busy/just feeling down lately.

The two guys above from NAXJA took them off my hands. Emptypockets came and got the '86 a few weeks back and took it back to Illinois to basically strip it. Altrocker1 is picking up the '88 on Wednesday and taking it back to New York where it sounds like it'll have a good home.

I still have a bunch of parts I might be tossing up for sale this summer, or I might hold onto them all. I'm already looking at a '98 ZJ V8 that popped up down the road from me, but it's in need of a transmission rebuild since it's slipping and the VC is shot in the TC. If I can get it for dirt cheap I'll just swap in a 242 maybe and hope the tranny lasts until fall at least.

Stop buying junk, Alex. If you couldn't fix either of these trucks to driveable because of your dad, why would you think a vehicle with trans that consistently grenade to irreparable (and Is showing the signs) would be a good idea?

Buy a stock 97-01 xj and leave it alone.

lol I haven't pulled the trigger and highly unlikely that I will. Family is pestering me to do so because they think it potentially lasting until fall and the shape it's in otherwise, is a better option then owing my father three times the money by taking his '00 Exploder and having it throw a timing chain in a month like they are known for. Nah, I'm just spouting out my frustration. I'm still scouring the internet and local sources hoping something bulletproof will pop up. What I need to do is go live with my uncle in AZ for a month and find something cheap out there and drive it home. If only...

You need to simply figure out how to keep your family out of your vehicle situations and tell them to stuff it. If the trans is going, it's worth $500. Don't waste your time with something with a broken drivetrain, you don't have the space to replace it and a shoo would charge thousands.

Archived