North Carolina

59Comanche

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I invite a few of my XJ and offroading buddies?  I have a few friends that live in Charlotte and the university region.  I'm sure they'd love to see our MJs.

Also, what time on Sunday?  It's a 2.5 hour drive for me.

Sounds like a few of your xj buddies are buddies of mine, too. Know quite a few from university.

Yes sure. Tell everyone you know. The more the better! I would say around 2 o'clock? How's that sound to everyone?

Maybe even a little earlier, but sounds good to me.

Small issue... The majority of the guys I invited are on spring break starting that weekend.  They've already said they wouldn't be able to go, so it may just be us.  However, I too, am not sure if I'll be able to go for other reasons.  I won't know for sure until I'm closer to that time.  I really want to see that 5.9 though...  Assuming I could even go, 12 noon would work better, because I don't want to get back late Sunday night as I have work on Monday.  Noon time would give me some time to hang out and talk and then I could head out around 3pm or so.

I've got some bad news, I really doubt I can make it. I did alot of front end work on my MJ today, new axle, lift, all that good stuff. Unfortunately, she won't be roadable until I can get my tie rod ends and sway bar links in the mail, and adjusted. ETA on that is wednesday, but I've got a long week at work, 6 days and 12 hour shifts. That leaves no time to wrench at it. Hate to back out now, was really looking forward to it. 

So, to reiterate...

Concord Mills Mall

This Sunday, March 2nd at 12:00pm lunchtime.

Correctamundo?

I suggest we meet in the Bass Pro shop parking lot at CCM as they usual have lots of extra spaces in the back of the lot. . :MJ 1: .

Just FYI, I haven't driven the MJ on such a long trip so I hope all goes well on the trip there. :crossfingers: 

I love it when a plan comes together!! Still not 100% sure I can make it yet, but close.

Onlyinajeep726 if I can make it you can convoy with me and have backup if anything goes wrong.

I may be able to do that.  My dad may have to go with my because he may have something business related to go to Charlotte for.  If that's the case, him and I probably won't have a chance to meet you someone local before hand.  But, if it's just me, then that sounds like a plan.

My buddy Evan confirmed and possibly another one of his friends may go.  Evan will be in a 2014 Yota Taco because his stroked XJ is missing the top half of its engine at the moment.  All my other buddies will be out of town due to spring break... lucky them lol.

My dad is rolling with me, but if you can meet us someone early as crap that morning, we can convoy.  I need to be in the UNC Charlotte area by 11:00am to let my dad do his thing.  It's about a 20 minute drive from there to get to Concord Mills. 

Byrdock, perhaps you can meet us at the McDonald's at 40/42 by about 7:30am for breakfast and then we can roll out no later than 8:00am.  Sound good?

My name is Shawn by the way.  I'll be wearing a Comanche or Jeep shirt.

Shawn I won't be able to meet you at 40/42. I'll be going cross country and have to leave a little later unless something happens at work tomorrow.

Twin Peaks is like Hooters isn't it? Never been there but heard about it. Or there's always Jack in the Box.

I'm squeezing every ounce of daylight and energy I have into finishing my mj before sunday, but it still doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to meet you guys. This is probably one of those "once in a long damn while" meetups, and I'm kicking myself for not getting my mj done in time.