Quadratec Ultimate Floor Liners

For those who are looking for a good floor liner/mat, I got these from Quadratec for $60.

They are the Quadratec Ultimate Floor Liners for the 84-01 Cherokee.

Part # 14254.7001

http://www.quadratec...254_7001_07.htm

Overall impressions are good. They fit pretty well, and have a lot of coverage on the floor. I have a set for my Wrangler and they are very durable and really keep mud and slush off the carpet.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I have a set of the Rugged Ridge [same as Quadratec's liners with different logo] and am not overly thrilled with them. I picked my up from Amazon for just under $50. Just another high-sided floor liner with deep tread.

Issues I have run in to with them:

-They slide despite the nubs as there is no provision for a tether or anchor unless you make one.

-The edge of the mat interferes with the already narrow space for the gas pedal.

-Soft plastic materiel of liner allows sides to warp or bow as they are not a 'perfect' fit for an MJ as seen in mzairboy's pic above].

-Deep tread of mat catches on heel of shoes while using the clutch pedal.

-Passenger side pattern is off [as can be seen in mzairboy's pic above].

Regarding the fit and the bowing, I have tried the floor liners both with and without the factory floor mats in place; it makes no difference. They do keep snow/slush/water/mud/soda/gravel/small woodland creatures in the liner instead of in the carpet.

Do they work? Yeah, sure. Are they as awesome as the retailers make them out to be? IMO, no.

Do you drive with cowboy boots and spurs?

I've never had a problem with my heel catching or interference with the pedal.

You do strike a valid point. They are not a direct fit, being they are for an XJ, and they do warp slightly, but not extreme. The main reason I got them is because I like the "deep dish" hold everything design. They did contain a bottle of soda from going all over the carpet last night. Guess the next mod will be cupholders!

Do you drive with cowboy boots and spurs?

I've never had a problem with my heel catching or interference with the pedal.

It's summer... sandals, flip-flops, other light and loose fitting footwear for casual driving when not going to/from work. Usually noticeable while letting out the clutch.

After research, the Mopar part number for the slush mats hornbrod mentioned is 82204675.

I didn't like the chevron pattern thats why I bought these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husky-Liners-30001-Black-Front-Floor-Liners-1984-1994-Jeep-Cherokee-/121126925641?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c33ba3549

I did have a dislike about not being a "perfect" fit so I shimmed the floor with a piece of old mud flap to make the liner fit flatter.

They have agressive nubs and don't slide around at all.

Whats better/worse than these, bare floor....

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Interesting topic, just picked my MJ up and I'm thinking of a floor mat. The floors are just bedlined metal right now.

i have big, clunky feet, so this talk of slipping, sticking, and pedal interference bothers me.

Anyone have a report back on these "Jeep" ones? Where can i get some of the regular ones?

I was given a set of cheaper knockoffs similar to these, they came out of a 2007 Jeep JK. Fit is very similar only issue is drivers side under the gas pedal. Heated it up a little and flattened it out no more problems.