Cab Lights Help

My cab lights in my mj are weird, they won't turn on when the door opens but when I move them up or down they will turn on and stay on. I don't know if it is the wiring or what. Isn't the light suppose to come on when the door is open and the light is facing up? Mine will just stay on 24/7 If i leave it like that and when it is facing down too. Thanks for the help in advance. 

The door switches are probably shot. Grab a tester and see if they are working or not. If it isn't the switches then you have a wiring issue somewhere else between them and the lights. I wouldn't think it is in your lights since they do turn on in both directions.

This is a writeup by Biotex with the Euromatec replacement lights for the wiring set-up if you have to replace the lights themselves.  If your floor/courtesy lights work with a.) the door open or b.) the headlight switch being turned then the door switches are ok but there may be wiring issues between the switch and the upper light itself.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/36457-wiring-the-interior-lights/

There's also the possibility that the little contacts inside the light fixture are either bent, dirty or corroded...mine were.  A little tight work with some emery paper and tweezers cleaned up the contacts nice and shiny.  I also used the tweezers to bend the little copper/brass contact up to be tight against the "roller"  The roller inside the fixture is what moves when the light switch is moved...and it makes contact with the contacts for the 3 different positions.