Wiring The Interior Lights

• 11 years later...

I just wanted to say thanks for this. When I connected mine the way I thought it should be and it started smoking I decided it would be a good idea to look up the right way to do it and this was clear and precise. 

Thanks for posting!

11 hours ago, Keri said:

I just wanted to say thanks for this. When I connected mine the way I thought it should be and it started smoking I decided it would be a good idea to look up the right way to do it and this was clear and precise. 

Thanks for posting!

If you smoked it, you probably blew the diode.  Change the diode with another and all will work correctly.  If you don't then when you turn on that light individually it will back feed and run all of the interior lights.  It's not a big deal but just something to note.

16 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

If you smoked it, you probably blew the diode.  Change the diode with another and all will work correctly.  If you don't then when you turn on that light individually it will back feed and run all of the interior lights.  It's not a big deal but just something to note.

Yeah, this is likely why my blazer / s10 cargo B-pillas lights both come on when only one is switched. They are wired as a direct connection. Neither light has a back flow protection diode. I'll have to solder each one up in my next round of repairs.