feerocknok???

GirsMJ86

"Zero to 60 in 24 seconds."

man you are slow. mine is like 5 seconds. than again I'm heavy on the gas when i have the space. sure does kill the vents and pushes you back into your seat when i step on it to turn onto state route 98 between marion and bucyrus. plus the tires squeal a bit too. lol.

just felt like raggin on ya in the pub rather then PM so others can get in on the MJ races.

start your engines everyone and break out the watches!!

Alex

I can still outrun a semi.

that was the one thing i could over take on the highway with my 86. anything was too fast. and ppl hated it when i would pass a semi and take up the fast lane.

Alex

Hey, I can get it up to 80!

Drove 70 all day (highway), and besides the rodknock (boo Kragens long blocks!) and almost 4000 RPMs, it did fine.

Drove 70 all day (highway), and besides the rodknock (boo Kragens long blocks!) and almost 4000 RPMs, it did fine.

well that was better then i could do.

i bet you fix that vac leak and you might be able to give me a run for my money.

Alex

well that was better then i could do.

i bet you fix that vac leak and you might be able to give me a run for my money.

Alex

Lol! 2.5, don't forget!

Once this truck's done-ish, after I dovenose my '84 Toyota, and swap the rotary motor into my '78, I'll be looking for another comanche to drop a 455 into. That's when I'll cry over 22 seconds.

i was tryin to be nice and help ya out there with the 2.5 vs HO thing there but you had to ruin it. lol.

and once you do that i might have to stop braggin cuz I'm sure you could beat me then.

although i hope pat doesnt see this because his 3800 mj could beat me i bet.

Alex

Whatev. Everybody knows that Chevies are slow.

Forgot you had a '91! Friend's '99 XJ was Fast! Don't know if it could beat a 3.4L Tacoma though.

That's been my debate on my next motor swap is 3.4 vs 455.

From what I've been told by a friend of mine the biggest motor that could fit under the hood without removing the inner fenders and some majorly extensive modification would be a 400. I had been thinking of dropping a 454 in my '88, but was told it would never work. Is my friend just bull of BS?

From what I've been told by a friend of mine the biggest motor that could fit under the hood without removing the inner fenders and some majorly extensive modification would be a 400. I had been thinking of dropping a 454 in my '88, but was told it would never work. Is my friend just bull of BS?

well I'm sure you could, but I'm also sure there is a max. i know pat had to cut his frame to make the a/c fit on his 3800.

and yes chevys are slow. and this 91 elim is far faster then my 88 elim was. i actually was racing a newer hemi charger on 71 not too long ago. him and two others were doing like 90 in the fast lane. so i got behind the last guy and then they got over but the charger kept going. so i got up behind him just to see how well this 91 could do. lets say i had no clue how fast i was going, the gauge was maxed out, but it was loving it and had no problems.

Alex

Whatev. Everybody knows that Chevies are slow.

Forgot you had a '91! Friend's '99 XJ was Fast! Don't know if it could beat a 3.4L Tacoma though.

That's been my debate on my next motor swap is 3.4 vs 455.

There's maybe two 454 XJs on NAXJA. Wouldn't be worth the effort if the main goal is wheeling.

The 455 is an Olds engine, not a Chevy, so it's dimensions are different. I'm pretty into fab work though (as long as it's not on a DD, in which case I get angry), so running hoodless or fabbing up frame rails sounds like fun to me. As well, who truthfully wants a straight axle 2wd?

That's the 88 though. I know it'll do 70 on a downhill slope with a tail wind (just takes forever to get there). :D Up hill through Colorado was a different story though. At the apex of a couple of the long passes I was doing 35mph (in a 75) and struggling to maintain it. :roll:

That's the 88 though. I know it'll do 70 on a downhill slope with a tail wind (just takes forever to get there). :D Up hill through Colorado was a different story though. At the apex of a couple of the long passes I was doing 35mph (in a 75) and struggling to maintain it. :roll:

Is that a compression problem or something? Even I can hold 55 up a grade!

Is that a compression problem or something? Even I can hold 55 up a grade!

Well, the gutless issue was compounded by the extremely high elevation and the extra weight of all the gear I was hauling across the country. :teehee: But regardless, I don't know what the problem is yet. :hmm: Ever since the build-up she's been gutless at high RPM or high speed. Compression was ok, but she spews blow-by like nothing I've ever seen. If that's not the cause, my thoughts were that sitting for 2 years caused problems in the fuel system. It's actually rather embarrassing since I've helped countless Jeepers with their rigs and I still haven't diagnosed my own baby. :( But there were always bigger fish to fry, and as long as it still ran, I was willing to let it slide. It's not like it's my daily driver or anything and it still wheels great. Lots of power at low speed/low RPM. :dunno: I've even got a complete spare gas tank and a spare 4.0L block to swap in if it ever comes to that. First things first though. I've got a half-finished MJ in the garage and a broken minivan in the driveway. :(

mj MJ just spend the last 2 weeks with a 4.0L in the back along with an engine stand and other miscellaneous parts of drivetrain... and still ran 70 on the highway up a hill.

could've gone faster... but it'd be more efficient to just jump off a bridge and give my brother the MJ if i wanted to kill myself ;)