Heater Valve Thinger~

It won't leave your heater on, that's still controlled by the vents in the cab.  Late model XJs don't even have a valve in the engine bay.

Yea, that's what i heard the other day. I'm just curious why they put them in in the fist place then....

Also; i'm surprised no one noticed its upside down in the pic lol

It won't leave your heater on, that's still controlled by the vents in the cab.  Late model XJs don't even have a valve in the engine bay.

Yea, that's what i heard the other day. I'm just curious why they put them in in the fist place then....

For me, it's because I removed all of mine so long ago that I forgot what they look like!!

For me, it's because I removed all of mine so long ago that I forgot what they look like!!

Last stupid question; Does it matter which way it flows through it? or either way?

OK. The heater won't be on all the time. However water from the engine will be flowing thru it all the time.

And for the last question, yes it will make a difference. If the water is flowing down, top to bottom, the the engine will run more efficiently as gravity will be pulling on the water, thereby taking some of the load of the water pump. If the water is flowing up, then the water pump must work harder, overcoming gravity.

Is this a Renix thing? Because I'm like 99% sure my 92 doesnt have one. Is there any I can get it so water is always flowing through it? I like the idea of it not clogging up! haha

Another added advantage is that water will ALWAYS be flowing through the core instead of stagnating in there for over half a year and cloggin it up.

Is this a Renix thing? Because I'm like 99% sure my 92 doesnt have one. Is there any I can get it so water is always flowing through it? I like the idea of it not clogging up! haha

Another added advantage is that water will ALWAYS be flowing through the core instead of stagnating in there for over half a year and cloggin it up.

Its in renix systems also i believe. Your 92 should have it, Mines out of a 95.

Yeah I'm like 99% sure it doesnt have one. But I'm probably/ am wrong.

This is the only the photo I have of it. But as you can see it looks like I don't have one like you do

This is the only the photo I have of it. But as you can see it looks like I don't have one like you do

Looks like the PO removed it.

If the water is flowing up, then the water pump must work harder, overcoming gravity.

:rotf:

I just had my PITA neighbor spend ten minutes explaing to me how water flows...downhill.  That was Saturday, he explained it to me again yesterday.  I told him that it's not the only thing that flows downhill *wink, wink*

I removed heater valve from my XJ's years ago with absolutely no ill effects (like hot air in summer or making A/C work harder.  Keeps heater core nice n' clean.  I removed it from my MJ yesterday. Driving to work today I could feel NO warm air coming into cab.

Looks like the PO removed it.

I mean the 92 is a HO and my 98 doesnt have one either. But I'm probably/ am wrong. I don't think they did because it looks like they didnt do any maintenance on it at really until guy before me who put in a new tank and pump

'92 does have the heater valve as when I did the conversion on my '90 Cherokee, I got all the parts from a '92.  As for my '86, I honestly forget if it had it from the factory or not but it sure doesn't have it anymore.

87-90 has a metal heater valve right up at the "pressure" bottle as part of the voodoo plumbing into and out of the bottle and core.  91 - 96 has the funky plastic valve and 97+ no valve...it's just straight through from water pump to core to t-stat. 

Zak...your was removed and modified at some point.