How to dispose of carcass in CT?

fendermb4

I'm parting out a 94XJ. I had originally thought I would leave it as a rolling chassis when I got rid of it. I figured I'd call some junkyard or something and they would come and get it.

Do I need to leave it a rolling chassis though? Anyone in CT familiar with how I might get rid of the body if I sell off the axles and stuff?

throw it on a trailer and haul it in yoruself. or call them and say you have a car hull they can have for free. if they're close they should be more than happy as they can simply crush it and send it in to be melted down...having all the rubber and cloth and wires makes scrap less valuable.

but you should have no problem getting rid of it.

Junkyards in CT can be picky. Some will take it away on a flatbed, others won't touch it. Make some phone calls to the yard(s) near where you're located and ask them.

One thing to consider: TITLE. Yards in CT generally will NOT take a vehicle without a title. If you don't have the title, just fire up Dr. Sawzall and make the big pieces into little pieces so you can take it to a dump or transfer station yourself. You might luck out and find one that doesn't demand the title, but I don't know of any.

As long as you have a title they should take it, I don't see why not.

Sit it on your trailer & yank the axles out, when you get to the yard have them poke it with the forks & haul it over to the crusher area. I've sent a couple hulls to the crusher this way.

Very soon I will be chopping my third one. All beyond repair but with PLENTY of good parts!!

The first one we took to SHIVONE's in New Haven. Got something like 34$ scrap. All chopped up to easily handlable pieces. This one will get cut a bit smaller and thrown in the metal dumpster at a buddies shop. They can make the dime on it!!

CW