Best use of MJ parts

skimore11

I think the chopped XJ's can look great but are not practical cause I like to wheel and camp and can't imagine having a trailer queen. Regardless this is the best metal work I have seen in awhile. Sorry if its a repost.

picture.JPG

I can't seem to get the album link to work... copy and paste to see the build.

http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={C9B50706-F7D6-410E-B99C-36111C35FAC9}&inv=63EFE0C914796A1&userid={C9B50706-F7D6-410E-B99C-36111C35FAC9}&inv=63EFE0C914796A1&albumid={4CD6D08F-A20A-4CB4-B4F5-B8DB4AAFBBA5}[/url]

I still want to take a Comanche longbox (and shortbox bed) and Cherokee 2 dr to make a bigger cab, then lop off the extra frame at the back.

I'm quite surprised it hasn't been done yet. I'd like to do it just so I can get a bigger sub back there. Money can be a limiting factor though.

not even the sub...you could use the back seat. AND YOU COULD RECLINE!!!! plus your view would be better with the longer windows on the side.

the frame rails are different widths on the 2door from mid drive-hump on back. already been looking into it.

A friend of mine in the NAXJA NAC and I were blathering about grafting an MJ box onto the back of a 4-door XJ awhile ago, but then he and his wife accepted jobs in Missouri. They moved, and that was as far as the project went. I would still like to do it, some day, but at the moment I have neither the time nor the money nor a place to do the work. (Details, details.)