Spring Perches

I am going to install a 99 8.25 in my MJ. I am wondering what perches everyone is using and where did they get them. I went to the dealership and was told they could not order them.

I am also wondering placement on the axle. how far in. The old ones are already cut off.

Thanks for your time.

The dealership CAN order them. They are in the Mopar Performance catalog, and I have posted the part number several times in the past. They are by FAR the best deal going. The Mopar part sells for about one-third what anybody else gets, they come as a pair (when you see the price, you'll be sure it's only for one perch), and they are MUCH heavier-duty than the perches on the stock axles. That's because they are made for building heavy-duty axles in race cars that put a lot of torque to the ground.

Found it:

The ones from the Mopar Performance Catalog are heavier-duty and cost less than half as much.

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/performance/catalog/Steering_Suspension_&_Brakes.pdf

Scroll to the top of page 10

This helps support more of the spring to help with wheel hop.

I think you mean axle wrap not wheel hop. I used Barnes 4wd also, and they too have the three holes so you can fine tune your wheelbase. They are also longer as well.

If you stay spring under, I would get cheap stock style perches. Mopar performance, Jegs, Summit racing....

If going SOA, I would get perches from Ruff Stuff Specialties.They are 7 or 8" long to help combat axle wrap.