Mallcrawlercraphauler 88 Mj Chief Build

I've been wheelin and buildin a 98 2door xj for the last 2 years or so.

You may have seen me on cherokee forum as Whitepwny

byvuruby.jpg

..and since I've owned one I've always wanted a MJ.. And finally I've gotten one!!

2ybagemu.jpg

It's an 88 Comanche Chief

4.0 i6

manual ax-5(I think)

D30/d44

Np231

175k miles

Needs some body work done, floor pans rusted out due to leaking windshield seals and need a new windshield. 2nd gear grinds :( . Reverse lights don't work, blinkers don't work, ac doesnt work, heater is bypassed, radio doesnt work, has a lame aftermarket sunroof.. Came with some 30x9.5 pro comp MTs :D

7aqyty6a.jpg

y4ybupum.jpg

e7yza8ur.jpg

a6enu6aq.jpg

utetamyp.jpg

e6y2ynab.jpg

e5asuveg.jpg

3asyzuru.jpg

tehameta.jpg

ysybaqy6.jpg

7arepupu.jpg

quhu8umy.jpg

ydapugum.jpg

Sooo.. Gonna get it in the garage and start stripping out the carpet and make sure it's only the diver side floor pan hopefully that's rusted.... Got a guy bringing me a new windshield next week hopefully its not to rusted to put a new one back in or more even body work to do... And see what's up with the wiring in this thing

Hopefully ill be able to get this thing cleaned up pretty quick!! I'd like to lift it 4.5"-5.5" with 33s, front and rear bumpers, sliders, fresh paint, bedline the bed and maybe half way from the doors down the whole thing.. I want to stick with the original color and pin stripes, maybe 97+ doors and fender flares... I have some napier 2door XJ/mj flares I might put on it.. We'll see :)

Thanks guys! If all works out ill be putting long arms, blisteins and RE springs on the XJ within the next few months..so my 4.5" RC front springs and shocks on it now will go on the MJ and will be going to SOA...

I believe i see 5 leafs in those packs :brows: Metric Ton!

Nice looking truck bud!

LOL........ no, that just means he has an add-a-leaf kit. A metric ton pack will have a double set of overload leafs. Also, you won't find a short bed Metric Ton. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see it in the pic, but grab that other tail light if you can!!

I was going to but it was gone when I got there, and the tailgate was pretty beat up so I didn't take it either... Almost grabbed some zj seats for my Xj but I was lucky to get out of there before they closed just trying to get that door off

• 2 weeks later...

Life has thrown me a curve ball and I may decide to sell the manche... I'd like to get $1200 out of it.. That's how much I paid for it and I've put a new door and windshield since..If anybody is interested? I live in maryville TN just outside of knoxville

Maybe when things calm down I can get back into one :(