Need Help Mj Xj Gas Gauge Question!

ok soo i swapped a full cluster from an xj into my mj (dummy cluster) a while back, everything worked fine just no gas light, just recently i got rid of the mj tank and sunk a xj tank halfway into the bed. i plugged everything in ran the fuel lines start the truck and the fuel gauge is saying full is emtpy and empty is full.... what the hell is going on?!

ok soo i swapped a full cluster from an xj into my mj (dummy cluster) a while back, everything worked fine just no gas light, just recently i got rid of the mj tank and sunk a xj tank halfway into the bed. i plugged everything in ran the fuel lines start the truck and the fuel gauge is saying full is emtpy and empty is full.... what the hell is going on?!

What model year is the XJ tank & sender you put it the MJ?

Its out of a 95 and the cluster is from an 88. It has an new pump in the tank. How could it be wired wrong when theres only 3wires and its a factory plug connection

Starting in 1991 the variable DC signal to the gas gage changed polarity. Just swapping the signal wires at the gage will not work; all it would is cause the gage to read full when empty and vice-versa. To make the gage work in the right direction you need to swap the output wire on the fuel sender potentiometer from one leg of the pot to the other. I don't even know if that terminal is accessible on the 95 sender, but it should be. You will have to pull the sender and look. Take a pic of the wire connections on the sender if you can.