Ideas For Rear Plates

Receiver with a piece of plate welded on to attach the plate to. Drill and install some plate lights, and wire them to whatever trailer connector you use. Put a lock on the pin. When in use, slide it in, hook the connector up for running lights for the plate, and away you go. When you have to tow, you plate is blocked anyway. Remove it, and put the hitch on.

Rob

I did what rod said no big deal to find the original plate light wires they are under there. I bought 1/4 20 powdered coated license plate bolts with led lights built into the bolt made a really clean install. I ran the wires thru the receiver tube and used connectors I can plug and unplug when needing to remove the plate to tow. When towing the whole thing sits in the back window fine wedge it against the seat. I can get pics if you want.

Pics of mine I made it all steel used the locking type pin so no one would steel my plate and mount. Never had any trouble with the law however I don't drive at night much and it is quite brite. It sits well behind my headrest in the back window when towing.

Yea Ive thought of that for both directions. It was always let it hang down under the bumper and bend the plate on the ground or above the bumper and not be able to open the tailgate. A friend of mine might have some tubing that will work but he won't be home for about a week so this project is on hold for now. Thanks for all the input.