Anyone Ever Of Easy Hitch Brand Receiver For Mj?

I'm looking into buying a hitch for my 88 long bed. Guy on the phone said it's a class III hitch. He said the only decal he could find on it said Easy Hitch (or maybe EZ hitch). He also said it mounts to the bottom of the frame rails. I'm pretty sure it came from a 'manche because the stock number they had on it was mj4470 and a guy who pulls parts said it came off a long bed. Has anyone heard of Easy Hitch (EZ hitch)? Also those of you that have a long bed hitch, does it mount to the bottom of the rails? I want to get the right one. Thanks in advance.

Drawtite, U-Haul and Husky are the three that I have personally seen, but there may be others. A quick search of EZ-Hitch turns up some results and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a bunch of small-time shops trying to get in the game back in the day. There was a time, after all, when Jeep was producing tens of thousands of these trucks...

Well, it certainly looks like EZ-Hitch is in the truck receiver business. Maybe they're not making receivers anymore...maybe it's not even the same company.

But I just reread your original post. No receiver that I have seen for the MJ mounts to the bottom of the frame rails. Sounds like it came from a XJ or ZJ.

Remind me in the morning. I've got a EZ hitch that I took off a MJ. Seems like it had both the bottom and side mount. To dark an cold to go look now. And I do have a couple hitches I removed from a MJ, only mounted on the bottom. Think they're Draw tite.

EZ hitch was a player some time back. Mine is a Smitty Bilt tube with receiver built in and only good for about 2500 lbs or so. It mounts to the frame rail sides and maybe bottom. Can look tomorrow. But there is no way in hell that an MJ is gunna pull a class lll trailer.

I just realized I left the word "heard" out of the title. Also I just read a thread here that mentions a company called EAZ lift hitch. Maybe that is what the guy meant.

Thanks Jim, I would really appreciate that. I saw a red MJ southbound on I25 south of Pueblo a couple weeks ago on my way home from the Grand Canyon. It kinda looked like you but hard to tell across a median. I waved like crazy.

Desertmike, I'm going to be pulling my boat with my mj. It is a 19' fiberglass with a good solid trailer on a single axle. I towed it all summer with my xj with 4.0, aw4, 3.55 gears. The xj stopped everything pretty good. In emergency stops I would sometimes have to pull the hand brake a little. My mj has 4.0, aw4, 4.10 gears and an AMC 20 in the rear. I'm looking to upgrade my springs as well. The bigger drums on the 20 should help slow things. I don't know if my boat/trailer combo is considered class III or not but I know my mj will be capable of pulling and stopping it. I only tow it about 30 miles each way. I love snowboarding more than anything besides my daughter but I'm getting anxious for spring and that first trip to the lake.

Apparently I was wrong. The two hitches I thought was from a MJ was from a XJ. Somehow they got in my MJ pile and I never noticed. With only two mounting holes, one in each rail, there is no way to safely install a bottom mount only hitch on a MJ. I do have one receiver hitch that came off a MJ that used the two frame rail holes but it was also bolted up to the bumper.

All things considered, I believe the best, cheapest and most practical way to go would be to take a XJ hitch, fabricate the two end plates like the factory and drawtite and uhaul made and weld them to the XJ hitch. My 2 cents worth.

• 3 months later...