Engine Issue

Hey. On sat on my way home from work my truck bucked and then the lifters were ticking very loud. Luckily I was only a few minutes away from home. I checked the oil and found it down 4qts. I did change the filter a couple of weeks ago. But know I didn't loose much. I can't remember if I had checked it then. Does anyone have an idea how it happened. Any help be great. Thanks. Mike.

I usually check it here and there. I usually change the oil when its due. But I use free good oil I get. I've been soo low on money I skipped changing the filter I think 2 times. I saw it leaking a week ago. So I had to change it. It's not easy when ur very low on money. I haven't had a chance to do major repairs for a while.

Sounds like you might have had two o-rings installed. Happens sometimes. You unscrew the old filter, and the o-ring stays stuck onto the block (housing). You screw the new filter on and it will leak every time.

I topped it off. The noise went away. So far it sounds back to normal. I don't see anything coming out the exhaust and the coolant looked ok.

That's good to hear. I would drive it and keep an eye on OP and engine sound. 4.0's are pretty tough but definitely keep a closer watch on the oil level.

Good luck!