Tc Stuck In 4X4

The lever moves but it will not disengage out of 4x4. The lever is in 2H now but it is still in 4H and the light for 4x4 is on the dash. I eventually removed the shaft to drive it home.

Year of your MJ would also help. Do you have the vacuum disconnect on the front axle? If you do, it's highly likely that the t-case is not stuck in 4wd, but the CAD is stuck engaged, since it is what controls the 4wd light.

All tires the same size? Try shifting it like this, but of course from 4 to 2 instead.

Here's how the factory suggests you shift the transfer case and I've been doing this since these things were new and I worked at the dealership. Quoted from the owner's manual.

"To engage, shift the transfer case lever from 2H to 4H while the vehicle is moving at any legal speed". I let off the gas, throw the lever, and then tap the gas and let off.

4L position: " To engage, slow the vehicle to 2-3 MPH , shift the transmission to Neutral, then shift the transfer lever to the right and pull firmly rearward to 4L".

Year of your MJ would also help. Do you have the vacuum disconnect on the front axle? If you do, it's highly likely that the t-case is not stuck in 4wd, but the CAD is stuck engaged, since it is what controls the 4wd light.

This is what I was thinking. If your sure its stuck in 4wd and that its not just the cad thats stuck, try going in reverse, that will pop it out sometime. My guess is that the cad is just stuck tho.

You can just lock the cad and forget about it.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/17377-cad-fix-1/