Best Way To Go On Swapping A Bench Seat For Bucket Seats?

Hi Guys,

What's the best way to go on getting bucket seats into my MJ? I got a tired bench seat. I wouldn't mind buying the seats new...what will fit, look and function great, and is the most economical? Where do i get them from?

I know I could rob a couple of worn out seat from a cherokee, but I'd like something fresh.

Thanks!

There are several threads on the forum on different seats for MJs including buckets and a few split benches. Anything other than MJ buckets will require some modification/fabrication. I found some XJ buckets in good shape and fabbed brackets to mount them in my truck. If you can find a pair of MJ brackets it makes the job much easier, but those are pretty rare.

i made some xj work on mine - on the front mount leg a 1/2 hole must be about 1.25 back needs a 1.25 wide steel flat stock by 1/8 thick with bolts and nuts to match the pattern ...this works the seat is higher but more space under the seat ...easier to clean and store things etc

Wow the prices for these cushons are INSANE! I need 1 for my 91 XJ, the pan itself is acctually broken.

does anyone know if the 97-01 XJ seat booms are the same? I just need the cushon part and the pan, not worroried about the brackets. Thanks!

Yes, they are crazy expensive. I was lucky to get more than 75% off. :yes:

Unfortunately the newer seat bottoms are entirely different, separate frame and pad. But the left and right sides are identical so they are swapable as I'm sure you know.

Hi Guys,

What's the best way to go on getting bucket seats into my MJ? I got a tired bench seat. I wouldn't mind buying the seats new...what will fit, look and function great, and is the most economical? Where do i get them from?

I know I could rob a couple of worn out seat from a cherokee, but I'd like something fresh.

Thanks!

I might be interested in your bench seat. Where are you located?