How Much Would You Pay For A '81 J10 Step Side?

Rymanrph

Its a 4 speed with a 360 and 4wd. It has power steering and brakes. It needs a paint job and a rear bumper, but that's all I know. Here's the craigslist link:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/3462655406.html

I'd never spend $6500 on it, but its near by. I figure if I know what a "steal" would be I can go leave him my number for when it doesn't sell and he's willing to slash his price.

I rode by there tonight on the way to get dinner to see if they still have it. It wasn't parked out front; they had it around the side of the building. I'll go by tomorrow in the day light and get a better look. I also found an '86 Renegade that looks interesting. I need a winter project....

I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive, but I came across this one doing some Craiglsist searching and...damn....

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/ctd/3458830384.html

The price is very nice,

but with that paint job I bet there's a red squeaky nose in the glove box, and clown shoes behind the seat

;)

I kinda dig the paintjob. I was more interested in it because it looks to be in really nice shape rust-wise.

I got that part :)

was just having fun with you Terra ;)

Price is very cheap for having its bodywork all done

That usually makes me suspicious that it may look better in pics than real life.

I figured...I shoulda put a smiley in there to show that I got a chuckle out of your reply when I read it this morning. :yes:

The paint may be crap (or it may be great, too hard to tell), but it looks like it may have saved this truck from getting rust in the usual spots on the bed.

Agreed,

Those beds didn't last very long.

I had a 73' J4000 (3/4 ton LWB) in 1993,

bed floor was completely gone w/ a sheet of plywood covering what was left.

First thing I did was tear the bed off with a prybar, and fold it in half. :(

The last foot of framerail behind the shackles was swiss cheese too,

but the rest was fine & the cab + floors were solid as well.

Weird.

I went and looked at the Sportside today. The business was closed, but the driver door was unlocked.

It obviously needs paint, but the body looks to be in good shape. There is quite a bit of surface rust, but I can't find any rot anywhere except on the rear bumper. The carpet and most of the padding was gone, so from what I could see of the floors, they were in good shape. Who knows what the seat covers are hiding, but they'll likely need some attention. Its a cool truck, but I can't imagine anyone paying $6500 for it. I wonder if he accidentally added a zero.