got my tranny! and COMANCHE bucket seats!

JeepcoMJ

today i finally got to the junkyard and picked up the aw4 tranny that I had purchased awhile back...$200 with 98000 miles (complete with 4wd shifter linkages, cut off cooling lines :P , half a front driveshaft :eek: , some cut off wiring :( but at least I got the tranny and tcase for only $200, and a great torque converter) this is for my 4wd 2dr xj i'm fixing and then selling.

then I saw that they had an ELIMINATOR sitting there. looked inside and was disapointed that the center console was gone, but the seats were still there! a little stained but not too bad, got them for $10 each!!! wow! haha, the brackets alone are worth a whole hella lot more than that...

and i got a red tailgate that only has a real small amount of rust on the bottom edge...other than that it's like new. i don't really need it but i'm thinkin of using it on my trail rig since the one on the trail rig is rusted ON the truck...short of a torche i don't think i can get it off lol.

the owner of the yard has history with my dad, they're good friends. i got the wrecked camaro from him for 350 and the deal was i got to keep anything i wanted but i just had to return the chassis to him...took the entire harness from it, subframes, t4 tranny, rear axle, power windows and locks, everything. i even sold some of the interior and the windshield and made back 175 bucks...he didn't care it was worth more for scrap that way. and i traded a JUNK grand cherokee (i payed 200 and kept the rims and OHC) to him for an 86 cherokee with a 2.8 so that i could swap to the matching buckets, a/c, and 3-row radiator.

he cuts me great deals on things so if you're looking for anything, let me know...he only has 3 comanches in the yard and i've pretty much stripped them (one has a PERFECT floor pan but that's promised to my dad). he has a bunch of cherokees though, so alot of parts i can get yet.

he cuts me great deals on things so if you're looking for anything, let me know...he only has 3 comanches in the yard and i've pretty much stripped them (one has a PERFECT floor pan but that's promised to my dad). he has a bunch of cherokees though, so alot of parts i can get yet.

Congrats on your treasures....I love getting great deals at the 'yard.

I'm looking for a driverside MJ bench seat bracket (just the front one), and an 87-89 XJ/MJ 2.5L alternator, but it has to come from an AC equipped engine. Any chance you might be able to get either for me (for cheep :D )? I'd take all four of the bench brackets, in fact, if that helps make the sale....

Thanks,

Jeff

i already have a driver's side front bracket...i think i need it for my bucket seats that are in my truck now, but i'll check. I'm sure that either way i can get you one. I'll check on the alternator...i'll be goin back there next week (it's 50 min. away) so i'll let ya know

thanks, I've given up on finding bucket seat brackets in the 'yard down here, so I'm just gonna adapt the bench brackets (but my driverside front one is half destroyed from rust and I don't want to reuse it). I need the specific alternator to retrofit an AC compressor (stock) onto my non-AC engine for OBA use. I've got the compressor and all the bracketry to mount it, but I need the alternator (non AC one I have, and 4.0L ones don't fit the bracket :oops: )

Just PM me when you're up there next and let me know what you find....I'll paypal ya before you pull anything so you don't have any money out of pocket.

Jeff

fyi...this is the alternator I need (photo courtesy of scott86mj):

i think there's one up there on a mj...but i'll check. you can't fit the 4.0 one on it? what's different i thought they were the same. can you alter them to fit? either way i will check for sure...maybe even as early as tomorrow seeing as i work near there and have a huge break in the middle of the day.

the front driver's bracket on my cherokee buckets that i put in my mj is rusty as hell...it's missing a chunk that bolts to the floor. so i kinda need the one that i've got, i just haven't gotten around to putting it in. but on the other hand, i'll have 2 bench seats with good mounts on them coming soon. i'll let ya know A.S.A.P. and don't worry about money out of the pocket...i'm sure i will get it for free or cheap.

No, the 4.0L one doesn't direct-fit, the frame holes on the face are about 1/2" too narrow, and there's no bolt in the rear either. I could fab either in and make work, but I want 100% bolt-in without any worries....I lost an alternator on a roadtrip last year and it was a nightmare getting it back home (I was in BFE....in a monsoon). I want peace of mind alternator-wise. Sad thing is the new alt (non-AC) I put in doesn't fit either (about 1" too short) and the place I bought it from won't let me exchange it for an AC version, even a rebuilt one. They want $75 for a new one...bastids.

BTW, my bracket is the same as yours...only has one bolt attaching what's left of it to the floor :D

and it's the inner side of the bracket i bet...

they won't let you exchange it? hmm....did they tell you it will work? if they told you that it will they HAVE to take it back. cause then it's their fault. unless of course you put it on and used it already...i did that with the inline fuel pump on my MJ...didn't put the fuel pump relay inbetween the computer and pump, it was gettin power but not enough...so i thought the pump was bad. went and bought a new one...that didn't work. then i wised up and fixed the problem :D...but couldn't return the new pump. at least now i have a spare...