Fan Blows Only To Defrost Vents

Would anyone have any ideas on the most likely cause for no matter what position the slider (AC Max, AC, Vent, Heat or Defrost) is in air is only directed at the defrost vents. Maybe a linkage under the dash? The dash was off 2 months ago for some AC work at a shop so I wonder if it might be related to that. They have been good about honoring their warranty but the dash work was a real pain for them. Anyway I don't know the layout under there so ideas are appreciated.

Pat

vacuum controls the diverters under the dash probably one of the hoses behind the panel was knocked off or there's a leak in the system. check the condition of the hose that feeds into the vacuum canister located in the bumper on the passenger side (a more typical leak spot).

Well that was worthy of going right out and checking because I moved that canister to the engine compartment last year when I installed the Bushwackers & JCR bumper. I found that the hose had popped out of the T probably when I was handling it last weekend when topping off some fluids and checking for AC refrigerant leaks which I've experienced twice now since I had the AC system replaced two months ago. Anyway Spot On answer Pete. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! You saved me some expensive embarrassment I'm sure! :)

what i did was get vacuum tank with check valve -3/8 vacuum line from manifold and other 3/8 line to the brake booster to can which also has a 1/8 hose nipple for air controls --this can is where the gas evaporation can used to be .....the older plastic can set was in the front right hand side of the bumper with very long hoses which a time with leaks etc ......learned something about leaks !!!